Welcome to Qualtrics! Follow these steps to begin using this new survey tool at OSU. (These instructions are for faculty, staff, and students affiliated with the College of Nursing. If you are affiliated with a different department or college at Ohio State, please contact the technology team in your area to obtain access to Qualtrics.)
- First go to osu.qualtrics.com and log in with your OSU name.#
- Explore this software option to see if it fits your educational needs!
- If it does, please visit this page and log in with your CON username and password for the upgrade code.
- In the upper right, click on your name and then choose account settings.
- Then choose Upgrade and enter your code.
- Now follow these Qualtrics video and text instructions if you want to learn this new system –> http://www.qualtrics.com/university/researchsuite/misc-pages/misc/learn-qualtrics-in-5-steps/
There is a little trick to adding an email signature and preserving your email formatting on an iOS device!
The first step is to email yourself from your computer so that you have the proper formatting for your signature like so.
Then once you have done that, open up said email on your iOS device. Once there, copy and paste the signature by holding down your finger and hitting Select.
Once you have done that, your screen should look like this.
Now drag the left pin to highlight the entire signature so that it looks like this.
Then hit copy!
Now go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars –> Signatures and either select All Accounts or Per Account depending on how you want the signature applied.
Be sure and erase the old signature, then press and hold your finger to the screen until these options come up. Now press Paste.
Finally, physically shake your iPhone until this screen comes up
and click Undo. Once you click that, your signature will contain the proper formatting.
Simply click on these links from your iOS device or search in the App Store to install them.
Stay tuned for the Android equivalent of this list!
General Productivity Apps
- iWork suite (Apple’s version of Office) — Pages, Numbers, and Keynote
- Microsoft Office — Powerpoint, Excel, Word
- Adobe Connect — join your online CarmenConnect meetings from your mobile device
- Dropbox — a personal cloud storage service
- BuckeyeBox — OSU’s official cloud storage service
- Google Docs — Google’s online document editing software
- Google Drive — Google’s online file storage
- Wunderlist — to-do lists that can be collaborative
- Evernote — write notes and access them on any device
- Notability — hand write notes onto PDFs and PowerPoint presentations
- Google Hangouts — online chat client for meetings
- TopHat — clicker replacement for classrooms
- VoiceThread — multimedia social presence within online classrooms
Nursing Specific Apps
- UpToDate — library of clinical answers
- First Consult — clinical decision support resource
- Micromedex Free Drug Reference
- Micromedex Drug Interactions
- Micromedex IV Compatibility
- BrowZine — find, read, and monitor scholarly journals
- Stat!Ref — access to specific medical subscription books
- The Access Medicine — point of care information
If at any point you need lessons on how to use these apps, please email email@example.com for assistance.
So you primarily have two options when working on projects through your web browser. You can either have multiple tabs open like this to do your work in
or you can select file, then new window (Mac) to have multiple browser windows open. In Microsoft Windows just select new window from its appropriate area of your browser. The other way to do this is to left click the tab itself and drag it to a different area, if you have multiple tabs open to begin with.
Once you have two windows you can drag them to view them both within the same screen like this
or, if you have multiple computer screens, drag one window to one screen and the other one to another such as this. This technique allows you to view two windows simultaneously which can be very helpful when doing tasks within systems such as Carmen.
Take time to experiment with these three techniques and decide which one works best for you!
In order to get free use images and avoid copyright infringement, follow these steps!
Note: This strategy for image searching will not negate the need for responsible citation or a double-check to make sure you aren’t breaking copyright regulations!
1) Google a keyword for what you need, such as nursing. Then click images.
2) Then click the gear on the right side of the screen and select Advanced search.
3) Then scroll down and select free to use or share. Finally click Advanced Search.
Now an image bank should show up filled with images that you can use worry free for your course.
Students! Are you looking for the spot where you can view your Carmen quiz results?
Your instructor must first set up a Submission View in Carmen for you to view your quiz. Depending on the settings your instructor chooses for this Submission View, you may be able to see the questions you got right and/or wrong, the answers you submitted, and the correct answers.To view your quiz submission, go to your Carmen course and to the quiz you want to view. Click on the small drop-down arrow to the right of the quiz title, and choose Submissions.
If you are ever presented with the need to share a document within BuckeyeBox but don’t want to go through the hassle of creating and uploading a document, follow these steps to do it within BuckeyeBox.
The first step in this process is to click New Box Note.
The next step is to give the note a name.
Now proceed to editing the note by clicking the note.
Then edit any part of the note as you see fit, including title and text body.
WordPress is a general system that is adapted to create many blog platforms that are in use around the world. Here at the College of Nursing we use it in two forms, the U.OSU.EDU blogs and blogs.nursing.osu.edu. Want to know how to use it to post a document? Read on to find out.
1) First highlight New then click Post.
2) Then click Add Media.
3) Now drag and drop your desired document file into the general area to upload it.
4) Then rename your file as appropriate and click Insert into Page.
If you have any questions with this process, please email CON IT at CON-InformationTechnology@osu.edu.
If your professor is using TurnItIn in association with the Carmen Dropbox, he or she might also be leaving text and/or audio comments for you in the GradeMark feature of TurnItIn. Here’s how you can view and listen to those comments on your submitted documents.
In order to access your submitted work, first log into the Dropbox and click on the appropriate submission.
Next click on the paper icon with the green checkmark.
Then, view your submitted work. If your instructor has left comments on your work, you’ll see a white speech bubble with a blue frame around it. Hover over or click on the speech bubble to view your instructor’s comments.
If your instructor recorded a voice comment on your assignment, you may listen to it by clicking the play button as shown below.