Upon admission into the College of Nursing, students will be given a list of required certifications and medical documentation that must be completed in order to be eligible to attend classes. This includes two types of documentation: medical documentation, and certifications and trainings. All medical documentation is submitted, tracked, and verified through Wilce Student Health Center. Deadlines for each requirement is specific to the student’s program, curriculum plan, and mode of instruction. Please refer to the College of Nursing website for more information. A student will be considered non-compliant if one or more of the requirements are unfilled. Non-compliant students will be prohibited from attending clinical.
- Program Compliance is required of all programs. Please see your program specific page for your program specific requirements.
Program Compliance Requirements Handbook Policy
- Program compliance requirements must be complete according to deadlines given to students upon admission.
- Students are required to maintain a compliant status as long as they are enrolled in the nursing program.
- The Office of Student Affairs will send notifications to students considered non-compliant or at-risk of becoming non-compliant. The at-risk status indicates a requirement will be expiring in the near future. Upon receiving notification, it is the student’s responsibility to take immediate action.
- Students must follow the submission instructions for each requirement. Please refer to the Compliance Requirements and Methods of Submission link above. Compliance status will not be updated unless the correct documentation is submitted per instructions.
- Students who may be pregnant or have pre-existing medical conditions that prohibit them from completing the medical compliance requirements must submit a medical waiver for approval to the Wilce Health Center: https://shs.osu.edu/posts/documents/vaccination-requirement-medical-exemption.pdf