As of August 10, due to COVID-19 the Wilce Student Health Center will no longer be accepting walk-ins for drug screening. As a result, we are no longer able to assign specific dates to new students to go to Wilce for drug screenings as done in the past. You are now required to make an appointment.
Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 12:00pm and 1:00pm – 4:30pm (appointment required)
Appointments for drug screens can be made online through MyBuckMD or by calling 614-292-4321.
To schedule online, students will log in to MyBuckMD with their OSU name.# and password, students will select “Appt. Scheduling” from the top navigation bar, then choose “Schedule Appt.” to see the available services and appointment times. The reason for the appointment will be “Health Professional Student – Drug Screen” when selecting options from the list. Drug screens will NOT be able to be combined with other appointments for a Preventive Medicine service, so a completely separate appointment will need to be scheduled in order to do the drug screen at Wilce.
To complete the background check requirement: visit an agency in your area offering fingerprinting services. Please visit the Ohio Attorney General’s website to locate an agency nearest you. It’s advised to call ahead before traveling to any location to verify if they are still providing fingerprinting as service availability across the state has been changing daily. Please submit results to:
Background Checks – Nursing
OSU Office of Human Resources
1590 N. High St., Ste. 300
Columbus, Ohio 43201
New and returning PhD students are responsible for ensuring they are compliant for program compliance requirements. The program compliance requirements for the traditional PhD program are listed below along with deadlines and submission instructions. Once you have enrolled in nursing coursework, you will be able to view your compliance status at any time by logging onto the Beacon with your name.# and password.
For specific questions regarding immunizations, titers, drug screens or documentation related to any of these items please email the Wilce Student Health Center at email@example.com.
Deadline: September 30
All College of Nursing students are required to complete a drug screen. You will not be permitted to attend clinical or health assessment if results have not been received. If you wish to complete the drug screen early, you may attend the Wilce Student Health Center between April 1 and August 1. Drug screens can be completed between 8:00am and 4:30pm. No drug screens will be ordered past 4:30pm. Students unable to complete the screening during this time, will be required to make an appointment with Wilce.
If you are an online distance student, you may have your own drug screen completed at another location, but the cost will not be covered by the College of Nursing. Please see these directions in order to be screened for the correct substance. Insufficient panels will not be accepted.
- Drug screens completed at the Wilce Student Health Center are free of charge.
- Please bring prescriptions of all medications/supplements currently being taken in the case of a false positive result.
BCI and FBI Background Check Requirements
Deadline: October 31
You are required to complete both a BCI and FBI background check. The results of both the BCI and FBI background check must be received no later than October 31. You must use the following reasoning codes when completing the background process:
BCI Revised Code: ORC 4723.09
FBI Revised Code: ORC 4723.09
Please click here for instructions to complete the background checks.
- The College of Nursing does not accept background checks from third parties, including current or previous employers (even those associated with OSUMC), schools or programs.
You are required to complete various forms by the listed deadline. A brief description of each form is provided on the hyperlinks below. Please click on each link to read the purpose and to complete the forms.
Deadline: August 1
You are required to complete the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) survey by August 1. A brief description of the HRSA survey is provided on the hyperlink below. Please click on the link to read the purpose and to complete the survey.
Deadline: August 1
Deadline: August 1
When your license is close to expiring, you must resubmit your renewed license so that there is record of your renewal. Please follow these instructions when submitting the required documentation. You must upload a summary of your license including your full name, license number, and expiration date. A screenshot of your license can be taken from the Board of Nursing website. The document must be saved as a PDF file.
- If you are experiencing issues with submission, select the PDF file you wish to upload, and wait for the name of the file to appear prior to clicking “submit”.
- Please upload your PDF document here.
Deadline: End of First Semester
You are required to complete the following online trainings by the end of the first semester of the PhD program. Please click on the links below to learn more about the training and to complete the required training modules.
- Be sure when you register that you affiliate with Ohio State when prompted by the website; that ensures that our Office of Research receives documentation of your completion of required basic modules.
- Once you complete the online training entitled Human Subjects Protection, you must upload the certificate of completion here.
- If you have already completed CITI at another institution, log on to your CITI account and add Ohio State as an affiliated institution; additional training modules may be required.
As a national flagship public research university, The Ohio State University is privileged and compelled to model the highest standards of research integrity. To affirm our commitment, Ohio State requires everyone who is eligible to conduct research to be trained in the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR). All research eligible individuals must take the Collaborative Institutional Training Institute (CITI) RCR course, you may complete either the Biomedical or Social and Behavioral RCR. The University uses the CITI web-based RCR course (different from the basic modules).
- Be sure when you register that you affiliate with Ohio State when prompted by the website.
RCR Example Documentation and instructions to print a certificate of completion:
1. Log in here: http://go.osu.edu/citi
2. When you log in to this site, you will see a list of completed and pending courses. Please select the RCR completion certificate and click the view-print-share link for the correct training.
3. This will take you to a site shown below. You will need to click on “Completion Certificates” to download and print/save the certificate.
4. Upload a PDF of your completion certificate here.
Conflict of Interest (COI)
You are required to submit proof of completion
Proof of completion can be obtained from the Office of Research Compliance
Please complete the following steps to fulfill the Conflict of Interest Requirement