As a continuing RN to BSN student, you are responsible for ensuring your clinical compliance requirements do not lapse during your time in the program. This includes all certifications required at program start. Below are some of the most common items that need to be renewed during your time in the program, broken down by annual renewals and renewed upon expiration.
Submission Instructions: Automatically submitted to the College of Nursing Office of Student Affairs, Equity and Inclusion upon completion.
Opens: July 1
Deadline: August 1
All College of Nursing students are required annually to complete HIPAA certification.
- Login to https://buckeyelearn.osu.edu . If you have not previously affiliated with OSU and experiencing login issue, please try again when you are eligible to enroll for classes.
Otherwise, please contact email@example.com or call 614-688-HELP (4357)
- Click “My Transcript” button and locate the HIPAA training and click “Launch”. If you have not previously affiliated with OSU and HIPAA training is not listed, please try again when you are eligible to enroll for classes.
Otherwise, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other support, please contact email@example.com or call 614-688-HELP (4357).
- No further action is required once you have completed the HIPAA training. Your compliance status will be updated within 24 hours after completing the training.
Renewed Upon Expiration
Submitted to the College of Nursing Office of Student Affairs, Equity and Inclusion
- This must be resubmitted each time your license is renewed.
- You must have an active, unencumbered RN license. Documentation can be found on the Board of Nursing website.
- Please provide a screenshot of your license summary that includes your name, RN license number, and expiration date to this link .