Due by the End of the First Week of your First Semester
Submission Instructions: submitted electronically to College of Nursing Student Affairs
- You must upload a summary of your license including your full name, license number, and expiration date. This screenshot can be found on the Board of Nursing Website and must be a PDF file.
- Please upload here.
Due 30 Days Prior to Practicum Semester
Submission Instructions: All vaccination records must be submitted directly to Wilce Health Center through MyBuckMD 30 days prior to practicum semester. The flu vaccine will be due November 1st.
- Full list of requirements found here.
- All immunizations, titers, and TB testing must be complete 30 days prior to the start of the program. To comply with this requirement, complete this form and upload to MyBuckMD.
BCI and FBI Background Checks
Submission Instructions: Please click here for instructions and the reason code to complete the background check requirement. The results must be sent directly to OHR 30 days prior to practicum semester.
- The College of Nursing does not accept background checks from third parties, including current or previous employers (even those associated with OSUMC), schools, or programs
Submission Instructions: submitted to College of Nursing Student Affairs
- The College of Nursing only accepts BLS for the Health Care Provider or BLS Provider from the American Heart Association.
- Please have the front and back images of the student’s CPR card on one page in PDF format. This certification expires every 2 years and must be updated with the College before the expiration date to remain compliant.
- Upload your documentation here.
Submission Instructions: completed at or submitted to Wilce Student Health Center
Due Date: Assigned dates by Student Affairs during first semester. Drug screens can be completed between 8:30am and 4:30pm. No drug screens will be ordered past 4:30pm.
- Students are able to complete this requirement free of charge at Wilce Student Health Center. ** Please bring prescriptions of all medications/supplements currently being taken in the case of a false positive result. **
- All College of Nursing students are required to complete a drug screen. Students will not be permitted to attend clinical or health assessment if results have not been received.
- If you are an online distance student you may have your our drug screen completed at another location, but the cost will not be covered by the College of Nursing. Please see these directions in order to be screened for the correct substances. Insufficient panels will not be accepted.
- You may use this form to also document your drug screening.
Submission Instructions: Automatically submitted to College of Nursing Student Affairs upon completion
All College of Nursing students are required annually to complete HIPAA certification.
- Login to https://buckeyelearn.osu.edu . If you have not previously affiliated with OSU and experiencing login issue, please try again when you are eligible to enroll for classes.
Otherwise, please contact email@example.com or call (614) 688-HELP (4357)
- Click “My Transcript” button and locate the HIPAA training and click “Launch”. If you have not previously affiliated with OSU and HIPAA training is not listed, please try again when you are eligible to enroll for classes.
Otherwise, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other support, please contact email@example.com or call (614) 688-HELP (4357)
If you are unable to find the training, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For all other support, please email email@example.com or call (614) 688-4357.
- No further action is required once you have completed the HIPAA training. Your compliance status will be updated within 24 hours after completing the training.
Submission Instructions: e-signed, automatically submitted to College of Nursing Student Affairs upon completion
This form is to be signed by all students and faculty accessing patient information or providing patient care. This may require access to computerized patient record information such as IHIS (Integrated Healthcare Information System); One Source; Pyxis medication access; getting patient care supplies and equipment accessed through Omnicell; bar-coded ID access to specialized units or areas such as Women & Infant and entrance to secure medication and patient care supply areas for individual units. This form can be signed electronically at the link below.
Release of information authorization form
Submission Instructions: e-signed, automatically submitted to College of Nursing Student Affairs
The Ohio State University College of Nursing clinical sites are obtained throughout Franklin and contiguous counties. When the OSU Medical Center (Wexner Medical Center, Ross Heart Hospital, James Cancer Hospital, Harding Hospital and OSU East Hospital) the OhioHealth System (Riverside Methodist Hospital, Grant Medical Center, Doctor’s Hospital, Grady Memorial and Dublin Methodist Hospital) and Mount Carmel Hospital System (Mount Carmel West, Mount Carmel East and Mount Carmel St. Ann’s) are utilized it is a necessity for students to have access to computer systems used for clinical care. If a student does not have access to the computer system, the student will not be able to meet the requirements of the clinical course and may be at risk of failing the course. The above hospital systems where the college of nursing places a student for clinical experiences require that a unique identifier such as a social security number or ITIN (individual tax identification number) be used for each student in order to create access to these systems. OSU Medical Center also requires date of birth. Signing this form grants The Ohio State University College of Nursing permission to release this information to any of the above institutions in the event you are placed in one of these facilities. The information will only be used to obtain computer access. This form can be signed electronically at the link below.
Submission Instructions: automatically submitted to College of Nursing Student Affairs upon completion
Purpose: Ohio State University receives federal or grant funding based on students current or previous status. Please complete the following questions regarding your status and background. The information provided will be used in aggregate form when required to report to Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) for funding opportunities.