As of today, May 15, the College of Nursing will resume the tracking of compliance requirements. Non-compliant and at-risk students will receive notifications weekly. In addition to the notifications, you can view your compliance status through the Student Portal. Please contact our office by email if you have any compliance-related questions.
To complete the vaccination requirements:
The Wilce Student Health Center remains open during the stay-at-home orders. They offer vaccination services and drug screenings on the following days and times:
Health professional student vaccine/titer/TB testing:
Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm (appointment required)
*There is currently a 2-3 week wait time to be seen by the Wilce Student Health Center.
Appointments for vaccines, titers, and/or TB testing can be made online through MyBuckMD or by calling 614-292-4321.
If you have questions, please contact Wilce at the number listed above or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has granted a 120-day extension to expiring BLS Provider certifications. The extension has been applied to deadlines that were set to expire in the months of March-June. If students do not renew their CPR certification during the extension, they will be marked non-compliant at the end of the 120-day time period. The college will revisit this policy as needed as the situation with COVID-19 progresses and more information is available.
As a continuing graduate entry student, you are responsible for ensuring your clinical compliance requirements do not lapse during your time in the program. This includes all immunizations and certifications required at program start. This also includes the submission of the RN license once it is obtained in the second year prior to the end of Nursing 7410.
Below are some of the most common items that need to be renewed during a student’s time in the program, broken down by annual renewals and renewed upon expiration. If you have questions regarding your immunization expiration, please contact the Wilce Student Health Center by emailing email@example.com.
Submitted to Wilce Student Health Center
- Students are required to submit documentation of a two-step PPD test upon entering the program, and then a one-step PPD test each year following. For additional information please refer to the immunization requirements form here
- Submitted to Wilce Student Health Center via MyBuckMD
- If submitting a TB skin test (PPD) for compliance, the following information is required: placement date, read date, induration (mm), and the overall result (positive or negative). Student Health Services needs all four parts of the TB skin test in order to enter your PPD for compliance. Submissions with less than complete information regarding the TB test will be rejected until the proper documentation is received.
- Please note: if using OSUWMC or Employee Health to update your TB compliance status, you will need to submit the completed TB surveillance form in addition to the basic immunization history printout to achieve full compliance.
Deadline: November 1
Submission Instructions: Flu vaccine records must be submitted directly to Wilce Health Center through MyBuckMD by November 1. Be sure to select the ‘Health Professional Compliance’ tag to avoid processing delays.
Submission Instructions: Automatically submitted to the College of Nursing Office of Student Affairs, Equity and Inclusion upon completion
Opens: July 1
Deadline: August 1
All College of Nursing students are required annually to complete HIPAA certification. See FAQs here.
- Login to https://buckeyelearn.osu.edu . If you have not previously affiliated with Ohio State and experiencing login issue, please try again when you are eligible to enroll for classes.
Otherwise, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-688-HELP (4357)
- Click “My Transcript” button and locate the HIPAA training and click “Launch”. If you have not previously affiliated with Ohio State and HIPAA training is not listed, please try again when you are eligible to enroll for classes.
Otherwise, please contact email@example.com. For all other support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 614-688-HELP (4357).
- No further action is required once you have completed the HIPAA training. Your compliance status will be updated within 24 hours after completing the training.
Continued CBLs Based on Clinical Placement
Students conducting clinical at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center are required to complete computer based learning and IHIS training modules. The modules are due by August 1. Please following these instructions to access the modules and complete the training. See FAQs here.
You are required to complete the below form annually. A brief description of the form is provided on the hyperlink below. Please click on the link to read the purpose and to complete the form.
Renewed Upon Expiration
You are required to submit your RN License before the end of Nursing 7410. Please follow these instructions when submitting the required documentation. You must upload a summary of your license including your full name, license number, and expiration date. A screenshot of your license can be taken from the Board of Nursing website. The document must be saved as a PDF file.
- If you are experiencing issues with submission, select the PDF file you wish to upload, and wait for the name of the file to appear prior to clicking “submit”.
- Please upload your PDF document here.
Submitted to the College of Nursing Office of Student Affairs, Equity and Inclusion