DECEMBER 2022 4-H Newsletter
- 2022 4-H Calendar – 2023 Available
- 4-H Online Records
- Shooting Sports Volunteers Needed!
- State Opportunities
The 4-H calendar is available here: https://madison.osu.edu/program-areas/4-h-youth-development/4-h-calendar
- December 23-January 2 – Extension Office Closed – Christmas
- January 1 – Fair Possession Deadline for Market Steer Projects
- January 2- New Year’s Day Observed – Extension Office Closed
- January 6 – Ohio 4-H Achievement forms due to the Extension Office
- January 9 – 4-H Advisory Committee Meeting 6:30pm
- January 14 – Market Steer County Tag In – Madison County Fairgrounds
- January 15- DNA/EID Kits due for 2023 Ohio State Fair Market Beef Show (via mail)
- January 16 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Extension Office Closed
- February 1 – Deadline for new 4-H Volunteers
- February 8 – 4-H Rally Night- 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm – Madison County Fairgrounds (Weather date: 2/15/2023)
- February 13- New Volunteer Training 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm (Virtual via Zoom)
- February 23 – Returning Volunteer Training 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm (Virtual via Zoom)
- February 28 – New Volunteer Training – 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm – In-Person
2023 Calendar Available NOW!
The 2023 4-H calendar is available here for a PRINTABLE and ONLINE version: https://madison.osu.edu/program-areas/4-h-youth-development/4-h-calendar
Please mark down important dates with your families NOW! (Rally Night, Judging days, SKILLATHON, etc.) – Livestock Quality Assurance dates will be added by January
- February 8 – 4-H Rally Night
- March 15 – 4-H Enrollment deadline
- May 1 – Animal Ownership deadline
- May 15 – Quality Assurance Deadline completion for Madison County
- May 15- New this year: Madison County Jr. Fair Entries and ALL animal ID information due (online at Fair Entry)
- June 7-11 – Overnight 4-H Camp
- June 23 – Cloverbud Day Camp (Tentative)
- June 20 & 28 – Livestock Skillathons (REQUIRED TO ATTEND ONE, NO EXCEPTIONS!)
- June 23 -25 Junior Shooting Sports Camp – Canter’s Cave 4-H Camp
- July 8 – Special Interest Project Judging
- July 8-15 – Madison County Fair (pending ODA approval)
- July 9-14 Senior Shooting Sports Camp – Canter’s Cave 4-H Camp
We provide this calendar so that you can plan ahead. RARELY are big dates changed so that you can plan around family vacations, sporting events, etc. Please make these a priority as a lot of planning and volunteer time goes into these events. Make up options and extensions are few and far between for required things when we sent the schedule out several months in advance 🙂
*Note that these dates are subject to change, and some may be added (Quality Assurance dates, etc.). Check back regularly for updates.
4-H Online is open for 2023 registration. 4-H Online
All Volunteers that have been sent information on BCI finger printing – Please do not forget to have finger prints taken.
All New and Returning Volunteers here is the link for 4-H Volunteer Information. Link for 2023 Volunteer Training Information.
4-H Resources for Volunteers – Link
If you know of anyone interested in becoming a 4-H Volunteer here is the link for the application
Club – Link for Yearly Required Forms- Yearly Financial Summary Statement – Due January 31.
Club Status Report is now due – if you have not yet filled out this report for the club here is the link.
4-H Online Records – IT IS TIME TO START REGISTRATION FOR THE 2023 YEAR
While enrollment is not due until March 15 for 2023 4-H year, it is a good idea to double check your profile now and
make sure you are still getting emails, that your email and mailing address is correct, etc.
You can log into your 4-H
Online profile at oh.4honline.com using the email and password you used to enroll in 4-H (and possibly fair entry). If you recently moved or changed your email, please make that correction so you can continue to receive information in a timely manner!
FAFSA IS FOR YOU
Ohio 4-H and the Ohio Department of Higher Education to host a virtual FAFSA event for young people and their parents/guardians to answer the most asked questions about the FAFSA.
We are excited for this opportunity as it will highlight the benefits of the FAFSA for individuals seeking post-secondary education opportunities beyond the two- and four-year college pathways.
The virtual event is scheduled for January 12, 2023, from 6-7 p.m. Registration available here: https://go.osu.edu/fafsa4u
WANTED: Shooting Sports Instructors!
STATE 4-H OPPORTUNITIES
Be sure to check Ohio4H.org for the most recent state 4-H information and follow the “Ohio State – 4-H Youth Development” Facebook page!
We are extending the Granola Fundraiser for Camp. We have a few bags available at the Extension Office for purchase. We have boxes of 10 available to sell to help with 4-H Camp cost. The granola will be available through February 8th. The last chance to purchase will be at Rally Night.
Each box contains 10 bags: 2 of each Blueberry, Mint Chocolate, Salted Carmel, Dark Chocolate and Cranberry Almond.
If you have any questions on this fundraiser please contact the office at 740-852-0975.
4-H Shooting Sports Education Camp
Making Memories That Last a Lifetime
Junior Shooting Sports Camp
Open to all children
in grades 3-6
June 23-25, 2023
Senior Shooting Sports Camp
Open to all teens
in grades 7-12
July 9-14, 2023
LOCATION for both camps: Canter’s Cave 4-H Camp
1362 Cave’s Road
Jackson Ohio 45640
For more information and camp registration, please visit our website and follow us on Facebook .