The Adams County 4-H and Chad Downing Memorial Scholarship applications are available in pdf or fillable Word versions at adams.osu.edu. Scholarship applications, including a) Completed Scholarship Application; b) Current high school transcript that includes GPA; c) One letter of reference from an Adams County 4-H advisor who is not a relative, are due to the Extension office by 4 p.m. Friday, February 26, 2021. Applications and materials may be scanned and emailed to email@example.com prior to the deadline.
Adams County 4-H/Chad Downing Memorial Scholarship Eligibility and Criteria:
- 4-H members must be a high school senior (or equivalent) at the time of application.
- Applicant must have been a member of Adams County 4-H for at least four years, including the current and immediate past year. The current year is the year that began on October 1 and continues through the upcoming fair.
- Applicant should have a 2.5 cumulative GPA in high school (on a four-point scale).
- Applicant should have been active in school and community activities, as well as in 4-H.
- Scholarships must be used at an accredited college or post-secondary training program.
- Application should be typewritten using Arial 11 point font; Maintain ½ inch left and right margins using the formatted application.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
- Ohio 4-H scholarship opportunities can be found on the Ohio 4-H website . These applications are due February 15 so don’t wait!
- The Adams County Farm Bureau is offering two $500 scholarships for 2021 high school graduates, whom are the children/dependents of Adams County Farm Bureau members. You can request an application from your high school guidance counselor or by contacting the Extension office. Submission deadline is 4 p.m. March 25, 2021.
- The Adams County Cattlemen Association is offering a Cattlemen’s Scholarship and a Beef Ambassador Scholarship. Applications are available at the Extension Office or by contacting your school guidance counselor. Submission deadline is March 13, 2021 for these applications.
Seniors, don’t delay! Begin working on these applications now. We will share additional opportunities as find them.