The Adams County 4-H and Chad Downing Memorial Scholarship applications are due in the Extension office by Friday, February 26. Applications are available in pdf or fillable Word versions at adams.osu.edu. Scholarship applications, including a) Completed Scholarship Application; b) Current high school transcript that includes GPA; c) One letter of reference from an Adams County 4-H advisor who is not a relative, may be dropped at the Extension office, in the dropbox outside the Extension office door, or scanned and emailed to email@example.com prior to the deadline.
Adams County 4-H/Chad Downing Memorial Scholarship Eligibility and Criteria:
- 4-H members must be a high school senior (or equivalent) at the time of application.
- Applicant must have been a member of Adams County 4-H for at least four years, including the current and immediate past year. The current year is the year that began on October 1 and continues through the upcoming fair.
- Applicant should have a 2.5 cumulative GPA in high school (on a four-point scale).
- Applicant should have been active in school and community activities, as well as in 4-H.
- Scholarships must be used at an accredited college or post-secondary training program.
- Application should be typewritten using Arial 11 point font; Maintain ½ inch left and right margins using the formatted application.
New in 2021, the Adams County 4-H Advisory Committee is also administering the educational funds for the Burley Tobacco Growers Cooperative. Applicants that have a background in agriculture or are pursuing an agricultural degree are eligible for these funds.