Since Fair Entry opened in early May and families have begun completing livestock entries for the 2021 Muskingum County Fair, several key questions/things have come up. Reviewing these items will help the process flow more smoothly. This is a learning year for all of us!
- In order for an animal to be exhibited at the fair, it must be entered in an animal class – NOT just a showmanship class. Animal class entries require exhibitors to identify the animals they will exhibit. We’ve had a few youth only entered in a Showmanship class and have rejected these entries so the animal class entries can be added.
- Animals that are required to be registered at a county level registration event (market goats, market lambs, breeding rabbits that are not tattooed and market rabbits) CANNOT be entered until after the registration event. You will need the animal ID (Fair Tag # or tattoo) in order to complete the registration.
- Back-up animals must be entered – these are entered as a SEPARATE ENTRY, not on the same entry as your primary animal (unless it is an entry for a pen of lambs/rabbits).
- Household back-ups must be registered in the name of EACH child that is using it as a back up.
- Please make ALL entries for ALL family members before submitting your invoice for a specific deadline, or you will not be able to add additional entries to any family member.
- This means if a youth/family has multiple entries, including one that has to go to a registration event on June 7, they should wait until after June 7 to complete all entries for the youth family.
YOU ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO REVIEW THE COMPLETE ENTRY INSTRUCTIONS: go.osu.edu/entryhelp