Each summer, Muskingum County 4-H Junior Camp is held at the 4-H Camp Ohio Youth Education Center in St. Louisville, Ohio.
Our camp is conducted by a 4-H professional employed by Ohio State University Extension in Muskingum County, adult volunteers with backgrounds in education, and trained 4-H teen counselors. A registered nurse is on-site during camp to tend to all healthcare needs. Our team works with the 4-H Camp Ohio staff to conduct a variety of learning experiences for campers, including: citizenship, swimming, hiking, campfires, canoe/kayak, team challenge, shooting sports, zipline/climbing wall, high ropes and much more!
Who? Campers are youth ages 8 and in the 3rd grade, or 9 and in any grade, to age 13 as of January 1 of the current calendar year. Youth must be enrolled in 4-H in 2022 to attend camp.
When? June 10-13, 2022
- Friday, June 10: Staggered morning check-in at times selected on registration (between 10 and 11:15 a.m.)
- Monday, June 13: Staggered morning check-out at times selected on registration (between 10 and 11:15 a.m.)
- Single Child Rate – $180 per camper, only one camper in the family
- Multiple Child Rate – $155 per camper, more than one camper in the family
- Campership Rate – $100 per camper, any camper awarded a scholarship
Acceptable methods of payment: check or credit card to OSU Extension.
Camperships and multiple child discounts are provided by FruhQuip and other local donors.
- SPOTS ARE LIMITED. A first-come, first-serve pre-registration will take place April 25-27 online. Pre-register here: go.osu.edu/campprereg. If you visit the link before April 25 at 8 a.m., you will see this message “Sorry, this has not started.”
- Pre-registration opens April 25 at 8 a.m.
- Deadline to pre-register is April 27 at 11:59 p.m.
- Once spots are filled, a wait list will be implemented. The deadline to be added to the wait list is April 27 at 11:59 p.m.
- Pre-registered campers will receive full registration details via e-mail on April 29. The deadline for registration/payment completion is May 12. Accepted payment methods will be via credit card or check payable to OSU Extension. If not received by May 12, we will move on to any wait listed campers.
- If a youth pre-registers for camp and is unable to attend, please notify Jamie (email@example.com) ASAP so wait-listed campers have the opportunity to attend camp.