Livestock Quality Assurance (QA) Certification is required for all youth exhibiting a market animal, dairy cow or dairy goat project at the Muskingum County Fair.
All Muskingum County Youth must have the QA Certification by June 15. Youth planning to exhibit at the Ohio State Fair must complete certification 45 days before the start of State Fair.
Although we currently have an in-person option for Quality Assurance scheduled in May, families are strongly encouraged to take advantage of one of the following virtual options if they can. If restrictions allow us to hold the in-person session, attendance will be limited.
Zoom Quality Assurance
March 27, 9 a.m. & 11 a.m.
April 7, 6 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
April 29, 6 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- Sessions are designed to be one hour, but could run over a few minutes.
- Participants will be required to have their camera on for the duration of the session and respond to poll questions throughout.
- It is recommended that families with multiple youth select a time when all family members can view together. Your family can share a device for the session, as long as everyone is visible and can see the screen easily.
- Youth should plan to arrive early, as youth will not receive credit for attending if they arrive more than 5 minutes after the program starts.
- Attendance will be taken at the beginning and end of each session.
- Parent attendance is not required, but encouraged.
Each session will be limited to 50 families.
Youth for the Quality Care for Animals (YQCA) Online Course
Youth must be 12 years or older as of January 1 to utilize this option. The online module completed must be for the correct 4-H age.
Only the YQCA courses currently meet ODA standards. BQA, PQA, BEST and other online programs do not meet this requirement.
Families use their 4HOnline log in to complete the course. The cost is $12 per youth.
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) Online Course Instructions – For 2021, Youth ages 8-18 can complete YQCA for Quality Assurance certification.
Send your certificate of completion to Jamie (firstname.lastname@example.org).