|1||Livestock Quality Assurance Zooms, 5:30 & 7:00 p.m.
MUST PREREGISTER. Details: 2023 Quality Assurance Options
|1||Junior Leaders @ Muskingum Livestock – Details sent to Junior Leaders|
|8||Livestock Quality Assurance, VBF, 6-8 p.m.
Details: 2023 Quality Assurance Options
|11||4-H Camp Registration Due – Registration information e-mailed to pre-registered campers.|
|15||Cloverbud Camp Information Available|
|18||Camp Team Training, 6-8 p.m.|
|22||Junior Fair Board, VBF, 6-7:30 p.m.|
|25||ALL Livestock Subcommittees, Large/Small Animal Sale, VBF|
|29||Office Closed – Memorial Day|
The Junior Fair Board met Monday night and selected the 2023 Junior Fair Theme:
Take a Holiday with Junior Fair!
The booth/float entry form will be available in late May/Early June.
The Muskingum County Dairy Promoters will meet on Tuesday, May 2, 7 p.m. at the Veteran’s Building on the Fairgrounds.
This group runs the Ice Cream Barn at the Fair, organizes the Bossy’s Jug Auction for Dairy Exhibitors and provides other support to our dairy youth.
They would love to have new people at their meeting!
For more information, contact Mandy McKenzie @ 740-787-1461.
Calling All Ohio 4-H’ers!
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) invites Ohio 4-H members to explore the state’s rich natural wonders through hands-on activities that fulfill the requirements of select project books.
4-H members will disperse throughout Alum Creek State Park to participate in workshops led by expert ODNR staff and U.S. Army Corps of Engineers volunteers.
HEART OF THE GREAT OUTDOORS: 4-H PROJECT DAY
Hosted by ODNR
ALUM CREEK STATE PARK
Saturday, June 17, 2023
10 am to 4 pm
Download the 4-H Project Day flyer for more details.
Geology: Can You Dig It?
Why Trees Matter
Outdoor Adventurer: Beginning Fishing
Explore the Outdoors
Get Started in Art
RSVP by scanning the QR code or by navigating to
If you have any questions, please contact Jordan Conner at email@example.com.
Each summer, Muskingum County 4-H Junior Camp is held at the 4-H Camp Ohio Youth Education Center in St. Louisville, Ohio.
Our camp is conducted by a 4-H professional employed by Ohio State University Extension in Muskingum County, adult volunteers with backgrounds in education, and trained 4-H teen counselors. A registered nurse is on-site during camp to tend to all healthcare needs. Our team works with the 4-H Camp Ohio staff to conduct a variety of learning experiences for campers, including: citizenship, swimming, hiking, campfires, canoe/kayak, team challenge, shooting sports, zipline/climbing wall, high ropes and much more!
Who? Campers are youth ages 8 and in the 3rd grade, or 9 and in any grade, to age 13 as of January 1 of the current calendar year. Youth must be enrolled in 4-H in 2023 to attend camp.
When? June 10-13, 2023
- June 10: Staggered morning check-in at times selected on registration (between 10 and 11:15 a.m.)
- June 13: Staggered morning check-out at times selected on registration (between 10 and 11:15 a.m.)
- Single Child Rate – $225 per camper, only one camper in the family
- Multiple Child Rate – $175 per camper, more than one camper in the family
- Campership Rate – $125 per camper, any camper awarded a scholarship
Acceptable methods of payment: check or credit card to OSU Extension.
Camperships and multiple child discounts are provided by FruhQuip and other local donors.
- SPOTS ARE LIMITED. A first-come, first-serve pre-registration will take place April 24-26 online. Pre-register here: go.osu.edu/campprereg. If you visit the link before April 24 at 8 a.m., you will see this message “Sorry, this has not started.”
- Pre-registration opens April 24 at 8 a.m.
- Deadline to pre-register is April 26 at 11:59 p.m.
- Once spots are filled, a wait list will be implemented. The deadline to be added to the wait list is April 26 at 11:59 p.m.
- Pre-registered campers will receive full registration details via e-mail on April 28. The deadline for registration/payment completion is May 11. Accepted payment methods will be via credit card or check payable to OSU Extension. If not received by May 11, we will move on to any wait listed campers.
- If a youth pre-registers for camp and is unable to attend, please notify Jamie (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP so wait-listed campers have the opportunity to attend camp.
Dr. Mike Cressman, AssistantProfessor,OSU Dept Animal Science
Tim McDermott, DVM, OSU Extension, Franklin County
Dr. Allison Pullin, Assistant Professor of Animal Welfare, North Carolina State University
Geared towards youth participants taking poultry projects but anyone is welcome!
6:00 –7:30 PM each night
Webinar links and details below:
Wednesday, April 26th: Poultry Health
https://osu.zoom.us/j/98164067948?pwd=OWdqQ2dhTk95MDdwNzBZOW51Mzhjdz09 (Password: 682120)
Protecting animal health at home and at the fair, common disease ID, and more!
Thursday, May 4th: Poultry Nutrition
https://osu.zoom.us/j/92999680333?pwd=b2dyK0h3S1ljK2RkQlFHWmlaM1FzZz09 (Password: 870670)
Nutrition best practices, how nutrition impacts meat quality
Monday, May 15th:Poultry Handling and Welfare
https://osu.zoom.us/j/97491993463?pwd=bWVLNTZ5MVRDaUZDTCtZN1lzdzJUUT09 (Password: 231076)
Animal handling and welfare at home and at the fair, impact of handling and stress on meat quality
4-H projects must be judged at the county level to be completed. There are no advisor grade options for project completion.
Youth must attend one of three judging opportunities to have still projects judged. Youth must attend Still Project Judging on July 5 to be eligible for county awards or Ohio State Fair selection.
June 20 or June 28 – Extension Office, by appointment
Register online: go.osu.edu/earlyjudging
Still Project Judging
July 5 – Veteran’s Building, Fairgrounds
For more information, refer to the Muskingum County 4-H Owner’s Manual: Project Completion Guidelines (Page 5) and Still Project Judging Information (Pages 7-14).
Download the 2023 Horse Project Information:
- Project Materials Reminder
- Horse Education Program Details
- Derby Bucks Auction for Horse Exhibitor
- Horse Skillathon
- Equine Ambassador Contest
- Horse Vaccination Clinic
- Fair Entry Guidelines
- Fair Show Bill
- State Fair Horse Information