Purpose: To test how a servo can influence the function of the AEV and determine its benefits of use.
Process: Note: In parentheses represents our choices.
- Choose an intended use for a servo. (A braking system)
- Record data on how the current AEV design functions without a servo, and its intended use.
- Develop and upload code for the function of this intended use. (Code)
- Incorporate the servo into the current design of the AEV.
- Run any feasible safety tests on this change in design off the ceiling mounted tracks.
- Test the function of this design, both on and off the tracks.
- Record differences between the function of the AEV design with and without a servo, and its intended use.
- Conclude with the team’s decision on using a servo. (See conclusion)
Result: The brake has proved to be incredibly beneficial as the AEV stopping rate has decreased from roughly 7.5 seconds all the way down to nearly instantly.
Conclusion: The team decided to use the servo in the AEV design.