Adams County Junior Fair will hold their annual Market Beef Tag In on Saturday, January 15, 8:30 – 10 a.m. at the Adams County Fairgrounds.
All market beef (steers and heifers) to be exhibited at the 2022 Adams County Fair will be tagged and weighed. Livestock must be in line by 10 a.m.
Adams County Born and Raised market beef will be designated and tagged a different color.
Apply to be a Camp Counselor at Canter’s Cave 4-H Camp in 2022!
4-H Camp Counselors are a group of 4-H teens selected to assist in being responsible for campers ages 8-18 during 4-H camp. As a result of participation, counselors will develop knowledge, skills, attitudes and aspirations needed for adult success, and the county 4-H program will be strengthened and expanded.
Roles and Responsibilities of 4-H Camp Counselors include:
- Attend required trainings prior to camp including Counselor College on March 19 & 20 at Canter’s Cave 4-H Camp
- Market and promote camp
- Serve in a leadership and teaching role to other counselors
- Serve on committees or other groups to plan programs at camp
- Promote camper participation during camp
- Lead and supervise campers in activities at camp including but not limited to songs, teambuilding challenges, group activities, challenges, etc.
- Mentor and give guidance to campers to encourage positive youth development and enhancement of life skills.
- Must be at least 14 years old as of January 1st. Pending the age of campers this may vary by camp and be older.
- Must be able to get transportation to meetings and events as needed.
- Must complete a minimum of 24 hours of training. (2 of these hours must be on-sight for first time counselors).
- Must complete Child Abuse Awareness training.
- Must Sign Standards of Behaviors, complete the Code of Conduct form, and have a current Ohio 4-H Health History form on file.
- First time applicants must provide two references.
- If the individual is 18+ year old at least two months prior to camp, the individual must have their background check conducted.
Apply online at http://go.osu.edu/ABLMPCounselor by February 1l, 2022. For questions, contact Kristy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Extension office at 937-544-2339.