Volunteer Spotlight: Lyndsay

Meet Lyndsay, a volunteer who has been with us for three semesters now! Lyndsay, who has been both a Social Coach and an In-Class Mentor, says she learned about TOPS from someone in her scholars program. “I was very involved with the special education program in my high school and I thought applying to volunteer with TOPS would be a great opportunity to meet more people and get involved at OSU.” Lyndsay is studying Health Sciences with a minor in Neuroscience to prepare to study Occupational Therapy in graduate school. Lyndsay is also involved in Bucks for TOPS and OSU Pen Pals. She is the treasurer for Bucks for TOPS, which holds fundraisers for the TOPS Program. She says her favorite part of being an Ohio State student is getting to sing Carmen Ohio after games in the Shoe.

Lyndsay has loved interacting with students both in and out of class, and her favorite memory was the TOPS Graduation this past spring. “It was great to see the students’ hard work pay off as they reached such an incredible milestone.” She describes her experience with TOPS:

Volunteering with the TOPS Program has reassured me of my career path as an occupational therapist. When classes get tough and I become discouraged, spending time with the students reminds me exactly why I am pursuing that career. They never fail to put a smile on my face and make my day better!

If she could tell someone thinking about volunteering with TOPS anything, she says “I would tell him or her to stop thinking about it and apply! Volunteering with the TOPS program has been one of the best experiences of my college career.”

Lyndsay, thanks for all that you do as a part of Bucks for TOPS. The time and care you commit to the TOPS program makes a difference!