The Ning lab is conducting research on Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Machine Learning and Big Data Analytics with applications for emerging critical problems in drug discovery, Medical Informatics, Health Informatics and e-Commerce. Please check the Research page for more information.
- Ning Lab is recruiting MS and PhD students and Postdocs (positions available immediately). Please check the Openings page for more information.
- (08/10/2022) We have postdoc positions available immediately. Please contact PI Ning directly if you are interested!
- (08/10/2022) We still have openings for PhD students, postdocs and MS students on project/thesis track.
- (08/10/2022) Check out our work on MHC Class I antigen processing predictions using representation learning, which has been accepted by Cell Reports Methods.
- (03/18/2022) Check out our work on a knowledge graph from clinical trials (CTKG, Scientific Reports), the dataset and the webportal. CTKG can be used to identify similar clinical trials, similar drugs tested in similar clinical trials, and many other retrieval tasks.
- (03/08/2022) Check out our work on transfer learning and representation learning to predict compound activities and the code.
- (02/01/2022) Check out our work on the next-basket recommendation model M2 using preferences, popularities, and transitions (TKDE) and the code.
- (11/08/2021) Check out our work on molecule optimization and generation using deep learning (preprint, Nature Machine Intelligence) and the code. The supplementary materials have a lot of additional discussions and analyses.
- (05/17/2021) Check out our work on peptide-MHC Class I binding prediction.
- (12/02/2020) Check out our work on cognitive biomarker prioritization in Alzheimer’s Disease.
- (11/19/2020) Our early paper has won the 10-years-highest-impact award at the prestigious International Conference of Data Mining (ICDM). See the news at TDAI.
- (08/27/2020) Check out our work on understanding illness associated with breast implants from social media data.
- (08/12/2020) Check out our work on predicting the potential use of existing FDA approved drugs for treating COVID-19.
- (08/08/2020) Check out our recent manuscript on search recommendations for clinical decision-making support with applications in the emergency room.
- (07/21/2020) Ning will teach CSE 5523 Machine Learning and Statistical Pattern Recognition in Autumn, 2020.
- (07/21/2020) Ning will co-teach BMI 8050.01 – 10 Special Topics in BMI: Natural Language Processing in Biomedical Research in Autumn, 2020.
- (07/03/2020) Check out our most recent manuscript on sequential recommendation using light-weighted, hybrid associations models, together with a comprehensive study of the state-of-the-art sequential recommendation methods.
- (06/02/2020) In collaboration with Amazon Web Services, we announced the open-source biological knowledge graph to fight COVID-19 (also available here at CCTS)