Make this summer one to remember for all the right reasons! My Stay-at-Home Summer is a new idea starter full of activities for these momentous times. You can choose from these topic areas: help at home, help your community, stay healthy, stay connected, make history, begin a new hobby, or explore the perfect stay-at-home projects. Find it at Stay-At-Home Summer
Ohio 4-H will be offering a virtual SPIN club for members age 13 and up. Zoom meetings will be held from May 5 – June 9. You can register at http://go.osu.edu/thoughtsSPIN
We will be offering several Quality Assurance sessions in the coming weeks. The schedule for the QA sessions is as follows:
- Dairy – May 4 3:00 PM
- Goats – May 6 6:00 PM
- Beef – May 12 6:00 PM
- Horse – May 18 6:00 PM
- Swine – May 19 6:00 PM
- Sheep – May 21 3:00 PM
- Dog – May 27 6:00 PM
- Rabbit – June 3 6:00 PM
- Poultry – June 10 3:00 PM
If you cannot attend the QA scheduled for your species, you may attend any of the other sessions. You only need to attend one session, even if you are showing multiple species.
With all of the changes going on in Wayne County 4-H, we’re sure you have questions! Find the answers you need at Wayne County 4-H FAQ’s
This year’s 4-H Cloverbot Challenge will be virtual!
This year’s Cloverbot Challenge is On the Move! It’s all about transportation and the ways in which people and things get where they are going.
Here’s how it will work:
- All Cloverbuds are welcome to participate.
- No registration is required.
- The theme remains the same: On the Move. Read the Challenge details at the link below for more information, BUT…no poster is required!
- Create your model out of interlocking bricks (e.g., Mega Bloks, LEGOs) and take a photo.
- Send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with your NAME, COUNTY and one sentence describing your model. Only the Cloverbud’s first name will be displayed.
- Deadline is June 13.
- Photos will be uploaded weekly to an online gallery on ohio4h.org
- Cloverbuds will receive a certificate of participation to the email sent for submission
Click here for all the details!!
Please click the link below to access a list of Frequently Asked Questions related to the current COVID-19 situation and Wayne County 4-H. We will continue to update this list as more questions and answers are raised.
4-H Program Assistant Michael Goard has compiled several resources available from the State 4-H office website for club officers to learn more about their roles and responsibilities. Please click the link below for a listing of the resources and links to view them on the web.
We have updated the 4-H Calendar in our mobile app, on Google Calendar and in the list below to indicate the status of all events from now through May 15th. As of this time, all events are being held virtually, or have been either postponed or cancelled. Events that are marked cancelled may possibly be rescheduled once we are allowed to hold in-person events. Most virtual events will be conducted via Zoom and we will email links to participants prior to those meetings / events. We will provide additional updates as the year goes on.
- April 2 – Cloverbud Counselor Training – Cancelled
- April 4 – Beef Clinic – Cancelled
- April 6 – Junior Leaders – Cancelled
- April 6 – Sheep Committee – Zoom
- April 7 – Junior Camp Counselor Training – Zoom
- April 8 – New Advisor Training – Cancelled, more details for virtual option will be emailed out soon
- April 8 – Club Officer Training – Cancelled, see online resources
- April 13 – Jr. Fair Board Officers – Zoom
- April 13 – 4-H Advisory Committee – Cancelled
- April 13 – Clothing Pattern Selection Night – will attempt to reschedule
- April 14 – Goat Committee – Zoom
- April 14 – Food and Fashion Board – rescheduled to April 23 – Zoom
- April 15 – Quality Assurance – will attempt to reschedule
- April 17-18 – Camp Counselor Weekend – Cancelled
- April 18 – Ohio 4-H Poultry Clinic – Cancelled
- April 20 – Jr. Fair Board – Zoom
- April 22 – Legacy Dinner Committee – Zoom
- April 23 – Clothing Pattern Selection Night – will attempt to reschedule
- April 24-26 – Shooting Sports Training – postponed to Fall
- April 25 – DairyPalooza – Cancelled
- April 27 – CARTEENS – Cancelled
- April 28 – Jr. Camp Counselor Training – Zoom
- April 28 – Sale Committee – Zoom
- May 4 – Junior Leaders – Cancelled
- May 4 – Horse committee – Zoom
- May 5 – Building 10 – Zoom
- May 6 – Dairy Committee – Zoom
- May 11 – Beef Committee – Zoom
- May 13 – Dog Committee – Zoom
- May 13 – Jr. Fair Liaison Committee – Zoom
- May 14 – Cloverbud / Junior Camp Counselor Training – Zoom