Exhibitors selling their animals at the Junior Fair livestock sales MUST send a thank you note to their buyers or they will not receive their livestock checks. Thank you notes should be delivered to the Extension Office in a stamped, sealed, and completely addressed envelope beginning Monday, September 21 and no later than Thursday, September 24.
All exhibitors who receive a trophy, plaque, or other award sponsored by a donor are expected to send a thank you note to the sponsor. Thank you cards will be provided with your award – please turn in your unsealed card to the Junior Fair office by the end of the fair. The name and address of the sponsor can be found on the award. If you have trouble locating your award sponsor, please contact the Junior Fair office.
Those 4-H members who submitted their project books for judging by their club advisor will receive a coupon for a free ice cream cone during the fair! If you turned in your livestock or still project book to an advisor for judging, stop at the Junior Fair office to pick up your coupon.
Wayne County Junior Fair t-shirts will be for sale in the Junior Fair office during the week of the fair. T-shirts are $18.00 and can be purchased with cash or check – credit/debit card sales are not available at this time. All proceeds go to offset the costs associated with this year’s Junior Fair!
Patterns are now available on the Extension Office website. Click here to access patterns.
Click the link below to access the Sheep Carcass Contest results video!
2020 Sheep Carcass Results
Stall cards and pen assignments will be posted by the evening of Saturday, September 5. Please do not come to the Junior Fair office to look at barn charts before this date. You may also begin bringing tack to the fairgrounds at 5:00 PM on Saturday, September 5. All major tack must be in place by 3:00 PM on Thursday, September 10.
There will be a socially distanced line dance at the fair on Sunday, September 13th with lessons from 6-7 pm and the main event from 7-8:30 pm. Details on location will be coming soon in an upcoming 4-H News & Notes email.
Congratulations to our 2020 4-H scholarship recipients! This year Wayne County 4-H awarded eleven scholarships totaling $7500.00 to high school seniors and college students.
- Pat Kenehl Memorial Scholarship: Jordan Melgari
- Wayne County Jr Fair Baked Goods Scholarships:Hattie Carr, Madisyn Morrow, Hannah Watson, and Abbey Werstler
- Dianne Hange 4-H Scholarship: Thomas Gress
- Wayne County 4-H/FFA Dairy Committee Scholarship: Ashley Hawvermale
- Wayne County General 4-H Scholarship: Shelby Lehman, Paige Maibach
- Wayne County 4-H/FFA Doyle Findley Scholarship: Garrett Gwin
All scholarship recipients will be recognized at this year’s Wayne County Fair.
There have been many changes to this year’s Wayne County Fair, all with the goal of ensuring the health and safety of all participants, volunteers, and spectators. All COVID related protocols have been developed in consultation with the Wayne County Health Department and based on orders and guidance issued from Governor Dewine and the Ohio Department of Health.
- Masks will be required at the fair, including in the barns and show rings. In accordance with the Director’s Order issued on July 23, 2020, all individuals in attendance at and participating in 4-H and FFA Junior Fair activities shall wear a facial covering at all times when:
a. In any indoor location that is not a residence (camper): or
b. Outdoors and unable to consistently maintain a distance of six feet or more from individuals who are not members of their family/household
c. Unless the individual meets one of the exemptions outlined in the Governor’s order
- Participants, spectators, vendors, and volunteers are required to conduct a health survey before they enter the grounds each day. The health self-check is available on the Wayne County 4-H mobile app, or by clicking the button below.
- Class sizes will be limited to 10 participants.
- Six-foot social distancing guidelines will be maintained. Proper hand washing and sanitization measures will be followed.
Click here to view the Junior Fair COVID guidelines. You can access the health self-check by clicking here.