Join us for Annie’s Project series this fall in Greenville, OH hosted by OSU Extension of Darke and Miami County
Annie’s Project is an educational program dedicated to strengthening women’s roles in modern farm enterprises.
This 6-week workshop focuses on five key areas of risk management: human, financial, marketing, production, and legal. Women learn about agri-business practices from experts in their fields. They also form valuable networks with others in the class.
The cost is $75.00 per person
The registration deadline is January 20, 2023
- Miami County – Amanda Bennett at 937-440-3495 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Darke County – Taylor Dill at 937-569-5000 or email@example.com
Session 1: Jan 30
- Welcome and Introductions
- Real Colors Personality Test
- What kinds of risks do we need to manage?
Session 2: Feb 2
- Legal Liability: What is it and How to Manage it?
- Liability for property visitors, negligence, pesticides, livestock, nuisance, contracts, insurance, food licensing
Session 3: Feb 6
- Tips for Direct Marketing
- Developing Your Social Media Presence
- Grain Marketing Basics
- How much does production cost?
- Exploring Marketing Tools
Session 4: Feb 9
- Record Keeping
- Getting your Finances in Order
- SDA Loans
- How do you measure up against similar operations?
Session 5: Feb 13
- Family Communication and Stress
- Preparing for retirement
- Farm Transition and Succession Planning
Session 6: Feb 16
- Knowing your Resources
- Farm Service Agency
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Soil and Water Conservation District
- Crop Insurance
Darke County Farm Bureau
Miami County Farm Bureau
Farm Credit Mid-America
Merchants Bank of Indiana