Are you a farmer or farmland owner wanting to learn more about the recent tax law issues? If so, join us for this webinar on Friday, December 15th, 2023, from 10 am to noon. This webinar is a part of our Farm Office Live Series and serves as our Farm Office Live! Webinar for December. To register for this webinar, go to https://go.osu.edu/register4fol.
This webinar will focus on issues related to farmer and farmland owner income tax returns, the latest news on CAUV and property taxes in Ohio, and the big changes to the Ohio Commercial Activity Tax (CAT). This two-hour program will be presented in a live webinar format via Zoom by OSU Extension Educators Barry Ward, David Marrison, Jeff Lewis, and Purdue faculty member Dr. Michael Langemeier. Individuals who operate farms, own property, or are involved with renting farmland should participate.
Topics to be discussed during this webinar include (subject to change based on tax law change):
- Economic Outlook
- Depreciation Update
- Employee vs. Independent Contractor
- Corporate Transparency Act/Beneficial Owners Information Reporting
- 1099-K Changes
- Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Basis Allocation Land Acquisition – Allocating Basis to Residual Fertility for Future Deductions
- Defining Farm Income to Avoid Paying Estimated Tax
- Keeping an Eye Forward on Estate/Gift Tax Limitation
- Reminder – Keeping an Eye on Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Provisions Sunsetting After 2025 Tax Year
- Ohio Tax Update (CAUV/Property Tax Update, CAT Changes, Beginning Farmer Tax Credit, Ohio Tax Law Interpretation – Ohio Supreme Court Issues New Ruling)
- Indiana Tax Update
To register: https://go.osu.edu/register4fol