Just a wise word from mom…

Image result for national women's monthMarch is Women’s History Month and boy have we come a long way in making historical changes in society! Learn more about Women’s History month by visiting their site by clicking here.

Women have always been trailblazers, role models and empowered to inspire, invent and be a caregiver to human, animal and plant. From risk management focused on financial, human, legal, marketing and production in our business to juggling our ever changing family/daily life schedules to helping run the operation, women have and will always play an important role in making sure the everyday functions of our family, business and personal lives are in focus.

Wise words from mom that I keep posted in my office as a reminder to stay balanced everyday. “Just a wise word from mom – No matter how high you rise you still gotta shovel the *?*!!!”

I always told my high school ag students that “every opportunity was available on a silver platter but it was up to them to take those opportunities and go forth. I would help them with the opportunity but it was up to them to make the move first. It doesn’t matter what you do or how you do it; keep moving forward and giving your best. Success comes from continual effort and that you keep on trying. If you keep trying then I am there to help you along the way.” This seems to hold true in today’s world with women being scientist or 1 of every 3 owner/operators of their ag enterprise or a CEO of a large business. Women have been rising higher and higher in success and sometimes we still have to shovel the ?!!! to get through the tough spots.

Keep moving forward ladies!