Single-cell multi-omics modeling and analyses:
- Inference of heterogenous regulatory mechanisms across various cell types
- Biclustering of large-scale (temporal/spatial) gene expression data
- Discovery of cis-regulatory motifs using deep learning frameworks
- Development of benchmarking single-cell RNA-Seq data analysis tools
Microbial systems biology
- Elucidation and application of organizing principles of bacterial genomes
- Metagenomics and metatranscriptomics data analysis in microbes
- Computational analysis and modeling of human-microbiome interaction
[Jan-07-2020] The manuscript “Network analyses in microbiome based on high-throughput multi-omics data. ” has been officially accepted by Briefings in Bioinformatics!
[Dec-23-2019] Ren Qi (PhD student from Tianjin University, China) has joined the lab.
[Dec-18-2019] Yang Li, PhD has joined the lab as a postdoctoral researcher.
[Nov-26-2019] Dr. Qin Ma has been promoted and appointed as Tenured Associate Professor. Many congratulations!
[Sep-19-2019] The manuscript “SubMito-XGBoost: predicting protein submitochondrial localization by fusing multiple feature information and eXtreme gradient boosting” has been officially accepted by Bioinformatics!
[Sep-16-2019] The graduate student Cankun Wang has been offered a Biomedical Informatics Specialist position in the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, Columbus, OH. Congratulations!
[Aug-29-2019] The manuscript “QUBIC2: A novel and robust biclustering algorithm for functional gene modules detection from high-throughput RNA-Sequencing data” has been officially published by Bioinformatics! Cheers!
[Aug-14-2019] Dr. Qin Ma has joined the editorial board in Briefings in Bioinformatics. Welcome for submissions!
[Aug-12-2019] Marlena Merling, a graduate student from the Department of Biomedical Informatics, OSU, has joined the lab as a rotating student.
[Aug-12-2019] Dr. Qin Ma is co-editing in a special issue of IEEE access in Feature Representation and Learning Methods With Applications in Large-Scale Biological Sequence Analysis. Welcome for submissions!