2023 Enviro-Art Pop-Up Virtual Gallery

Sarah Colbert

Four Seasons

Acrylic on Wood

Spring: 8.9″ x 5″

Summer: 8.9″ x 5.5″

Autumn: 6.2″ x 8.5″

Winter: 8.9″ x 6.5″

After breaking these slabs of wood for my taekwondo test, I didn’t want to waste them by throwing it away. Living in the Midwest has the beauty of the four seasons. We experience various temperatures year round which is so fun to me. Therefore, I expressed that fondness for the seasons on these pieces of wood!

Graci Jackson

Un-Plated

Watercolor on Canvas

14″ x 11″

Food waste effects our daily lives by squandering resources and contributing to climate change and food insecurity. As a result, this painting is a creative representation of the sorrow food waste brings to the earth.

Kirti

The Mother

Watercolor on Paper

7″ x 9″

Like Mother Nature’s nurturing embrace, a mother’s love is a force of beauty and strength that knows no bounds.

Adrian M

The Hidden Door

Digital Art

Connor O’Boyle

Smilodon populator, Cervus canadensis, & Ursus americanus

Polymer Clay Sculptures

Sabre-Tooth Cat, Male Elk, & American Black Bear

Madeline Painter

Which came first, the car or the tree?

Digitally-Drawn Animation

Anna Rigdon

Poás

Photography

This is Poás Volcano, standing high above the mountains of Costa Rica at almost 90,000 ft above sea level.

Lizzy S

Whale We Make a Change?

Digital Art

Whales are crucial to maintaining marine health and sequester carbon from the atmosphere throughout their lives. Almost half of all whale species are endangered or vulnerable from habitat loss, pollution, climate change, and fisheries bycatch. Even these large majestic creatures of the ocean are at risk if we don’t make a change.

Olivia Severyn

Droplets

Photography

Ocean Wave

Photography

Brennan Stokkermans

Indigo Moonlight

Digital Art (Photoshop)

Walking through a local park in late June I saw an indigo bunting land in a dogwood tree in line of a bright pink halfmoon. The white dogwood flowers surrounded the bunting before the moon making the bunting seem like a blue jewel, a more intense concentration of the sky around it. I came home and sketched the scene instantly knowing I had to paint it.

Bella Suchan

Untitled

Digital Art

Created March of 2020. This piece expresses, through learning the history of entomology and the evolution of insects, humanity can create inspired solutions to modern problems. Insects, along with the rest of the environment, must be protected so humanity can continue to create innovative solutions.

Halle Tebbe

Persist

Photography

Elizabeth Thompson

Growth

Porcelain

8″ x 5″ x 10″

When I was young, I would often fantasize about the ways that nature might one day reclaim structures and cities abandoned by humanity. This piece is an exploration of how I imagine this process would occur, as a colony of growth slowly infiltrates the seams between the wall and the floor.