Pre-Departure Reflection

Saint Augustine once said, “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” I personally believe traveling the world is essential for education but also for personal fulfillment purposes. It’s important to experience a variety of cultures. People can grow in a multitude of ways that they perhaps would have never done inside a classroom.

For me, I have always dreamed of going to South America. I just never had a program I could happily participate until now. I currently look at my fully packed suitcase, eager to being this journey tomorrow. I cannot wait to discover a realm of different culture. I have been graced with an amazing opportunity to blend my love for traveling with architecture. I know I will discover first-hand a different form of design, influenced by Southern American cultures.

The highs and lows of traveling all create such a unique experience for every individual. My personal highs for an adventure like this is discovering local cuisine, conversation with locals, and exploring traditional neighborhoods, parks, and streets. Conversely, I am not looking so much forward to the long, tedious flight. Regardless, they all comprise this journey to Santiago, Chile, and I cannot wait until it commences! I am beyond excited to broaden my horizons and read a couple more pages that the world innately holds in its colossal book.

One thought on “Pre-Departure Reflection

1. Thanks for sharing your excitement and interest in experiencing local food and neighborhoods. Get ready for your South American chapter! I look forward to traveling with you-Aimee