Mallory’s Pre-Departure Post

I’m super excited to visit Chile and can’t believe that today is the day. This trip seemed so far away at the beginning of the semester but it feels like these weeks have moved rapidly and now here we are. This has been one of the busiest weeks for me regarding school work with assignments due, so I’m very relieved to finally be finished with most of that. I haven’t gotten much rest for the past couple of days so I’m really looking forward to getting some sleep on the plane.

I’m ready to totally immerse myself in Chilean culture. I think that what I’m most excited about changes daily but I am looking forward to visiting the sites that we have learned so much about in class, particularly Torre Costanera and Mestizo. I’m also excited to ride the fernicular and take in the views.

It looks like we are in for such a long journey to get there but I think that on the way in it won’t be that bad; coming back to Ohio will be another story. I’m also pumped about the expected weather, the temperature change should be interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow , well today.

One thought on “Mallory’s Pre-Departure Post