Ashley’s Pre-Departure Reflection

It feels like just yesterday that I worked up the courage to sign up to go abroad. I would see Aimee’s slide pop up every lecture class in 2300, urging us to go to Santiago. I figured that if she was as persistent about sparking our interest as she was, that it has to be a good trip.

As tomorrow, our departure day, rolls around after months of eagerly awaiting it, I could not be more excited. Unfortunately, however, my excitement is masked by all of the desperation I have to finish my assignments before Spring Break. I think of how this time tomorrow, I will be (hopefully) asleep on a plane leading me towards good food, amazing weather, and even better sights. One of the sights I look forward to most is Elemental’s Innovation Center. I spent a lot of time analyzing it in 2300 after I figured out that I was all in for this trip so it will be nice to see the comparisons, differences, and new findings in person.

I  have all of the essentials such as sunscreen, my passport, and of course spending money so I hope I am not forgetting anything, but I guess ill have to wait to find out! I also got a few extra gadgets such as camera lenses and disposable cameras which I am thrilled to put to use.

One thought on “Ashley’s Pre-Departure Reflection

1. I am glad to hear the advertising in 2300 (I hope it didn’t seem like every lecture) worked 😆! I look forward to discussing Innovation Center with you and how your perception in person compares to your 2300 analysis. Look forward to traveling with you-Aimee