Justin Kahle’s Pre-Departure Post

Thinking about how we will be in a different continent in two days makes my heart pound and and stomach turn. I am so nervous for such a long flight and super excited to be in Santiago! I am almost packed, but I still feel like I am not even close to being ready. Which, I know my Spanish isn’t ready to visit Chile. A semester of Duolingo can only go so far. Thank goodness you can download the Spanish language on the Google translate app.

The past couple of days I have felt a little bit like a celebrity because of all the texts and calls I am getting from family and friends asking me to send pictures in Chile. I am very fortunate to have this opportunity. Not many people get to do something like this and, according to my mom, I am this week’s talk of the town.

I can’t wait to be in whole new part of the world. Experiencing a new culture, food, geography, people, and so on will be an eye opening experience to me. Ohio can only show you so much. I want to make the most and best of my time in Santiago. This trip may be over spring break, but I know it won’t be a break for me. I am going to be busy experiencing and learning all that a can in the week we are there. I don’t know if I will be able to sleep tonight due to excitement and I probably won’t get much sleep there. I will just have to save that for the plane ride.

One thought on “Justin Kahle’s Pre-Departure Post