Grottoli named 2018 Voyager Award winner from the American Geophysical Union’s Ocean Sciences Section
Grottoli et al (2018) Coral physiology and microbiome dynamics under combined ocean warming and acidification. PLoS ONE doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0191156
- Press releases from OSU and stories in 20 outlets including EurekaAlert! and Science Daily
- Follow-up interviews and stories in Hakai Magazine “Even corals have microbiomes” and Oceans Deeply “Can coral microbes protect reefs from climate change?”
Grottoli named 2018 American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellow
Grottoli et al (2017) Physiological and biogeochemical responses of super-corals to thermal stress from the northern Gulf of Aqaba, Red Sea. Frontiers in Marine Science doi: 10.3389/fmars.2017.00215
- Follow-up interviews and stories in Christian Science Monitor “Can ‘super-corals’ save the reefs?”
Professor Grottoli TEDx OSU speaker (14 Feb 2015)
Grottoli research in “The Edge of Light” (2011)
Grottoli (2015) As the Earth enters its third mass bleaching event, will corals survive? The Conversation (online magazine), 20 Nov 2015
Schoepf, Grottoli et al (2015) Annual coral bleaching can impair the long-term recovery capacity of corals. Proceedings of the Royal Society B, 10.1098/rspb.2015.1887
Grottoli et al (2014) The cumulative impact of annual coral bleaching turns some coral species winners into losers. Global Change Biology, 10.1111/gcb.12658.
- Press release from OSU, and stories by NSF Science 360 Breaking News , Sci Guru Science News, Smithsonian, and Ensia
Grottoli Research Team in Hawaii to study coral bleaching
Grottoli et al (2014) The cumulative impact of annual coral bleaching turns some coral species winners into losers. Global Change Biology.
Grottoli et al (2006) Heterotrophic plasticity and resilience in bleached corals. Nature (selection of press articles)
- Radio interviews on NPR Science Fridays, Quirks and Quarks CBC Radio, Canada and Earth Watch Radio. Press release by OSU and stories by Christian Science Monitor , Scientific American and Earth Watch.
Ocean Acidification Project (2011-2013)
- Columbus Dispatch Article An Ocean of Trouble (2011), American Reef interview part I, and part II, National Science Foundation Press release
Williams & Grottoli (2010) Recent shoaling of the nutricline and thermocline in the western tropical Pacific. Geophysical Research Letters. Williams was a PhD student with Grottoli(selection of press articles)