April 5th, 2021: Niko Soulas and Antonia Zouridakis on Popular Myths in Neuroscience
On April 5th, 2021 at 12:40 pm Niko and Antonia delivered a live broadcast to discuss and debunk popular myths in the field of Neuroscience! There were guest appearances from fellow and former students Nikhil Punwani and Lefteri Halkias!
Listen to the broadcast live at the following address: http://wosu-stream.it.ohio-state.edu:8000/cllc
In their broadcast they addressed the following topics:
- Do you only use 10% of your brain?
- The Mozart Effect
- Does cannabis Cause schizophrenia?
- The Left Brain Right Brain myth
- Are there sex differences in the brain?
- Does Brain size affect intelligence?
- Puberty and when the brain finishes development
- Are you born with all the neurons you will ever have?
- Is learning caused by new cells being added in the brain?
- Fluid and crystallized intelligence
- Types of learners: audio, visual, tactile
The archived broadcast can be heard here: