Reflection on service hours

This fall semester I was involved in two different volunteer opportunities, the first one was community commitment, for GEM elementary school, during this I was given the opportunity to give back to the community. We spent five hours on a Saturday cleaning up and preparing the school for the first day. We went through different classrooms cleaning up and making everything nice, we also mulched the play ground. This was very important to give back and to see the difference that I made even though it was just a small contribution. The gratefulness that the teachers and staff had for us to come in and help them. The other volunteer opportunity that I had was I spent an hour for six days going to pilot dogs and walking dogs that were in training to be helper dogs for the blind. This was very inspiring that I was helping not only the dog but helping the person who would potentially have that dog as well. I spent an hour just walking the dog around and training the dog simply by having it out and about will have a big difference in the long run when the dog will graduate from the program and get a owner who it will assist.