- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add bell peppers, garlic and cayenne; stir to blend. Cover skillet; cook until peppers are tender, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes. Uncover; add cream and broth and simmer until liquid is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Add peas to pot. Drain. Return fettuccine and peas to pot. Add bell pepper mixture and basil; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan.
For more information on the herbal remedy cayenne click here.