- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oats, quick-cooking or old-fashioned (not instant)
- 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries,
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- Position racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 375°F.
- Whisk flour, wheat germ, baking soda, salt and ground ginger in a small bowl. Whisk egg, brown sugar, oil and vanilla in a large bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients; stir to combine. Add oats, chocolate, blueberries and crystallized ginger; stir just to combine. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto 2 ungreased baking sheets, 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies until puffed and barely golden around the edges, switching the pans back to front and top to bottom halfway through, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on the pans for 2 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For more information on the herbal remedy ginger click here.