- Powerful Anti-inflammatory by lowering the levels of specific enzymes responsible
- Reduces blood clot formation and platelet clumping, preventing heart attack and stroke
- Increase the chances of people with ulcerative colitis staying in remission.
- Kills bacteria and viruses
- (Ehrlich, 2014)
- Powder kept in capsules
- Turmeric Extract (liquid form)
- Raw or dried root
- People who have existing gallstones, an obstruction of bile passages, or diabetes should consult a doctor before using
- Pregnant and breastfeeding women should not use turmeric
- If using blood-thinning medication, turmeric should not be taken
The active ingredient in Turmeric is curcumin, which is a powerful antioxidant and is also responsible for the anti-inflammatory and blood clot prevention behaviors of turmeric. The antioxidant properties of curcumin are being found to prevent several types of cancer by protecting cells from damage.
Turmeric is commonly used in cooking, especially Indian Cuisine and gives curry its yellow color and flavor. In addition, it is also used to color mustard, butter, and cheese.