Alternative Career Opportunity for PhD Candidates

Graduate students –

I’m glad to bring a career event to you from one of our own, Dr. Ashley Fenn (bio at bottom). Ashley earned her PhD in Neuroscience from Ohio State in 2017, and she joined McKinsey, which is a leader in helping organizations tackle complex problems. McKinsey actively seeks PhDs, and if you are interested in a career outside the academy, this is a great opportunity to learn more from Ashley and her colleagues.  More

McKinsey Information Session

Friday, Dec. 1, 12-1:30 p.m.

Saxbe Auditorium, Drinko Hall, Moritz College of Law

·         RSVP required: https://goo.gl/forms/2uqKshngYdEMUmbn1 (If you cannot attend but are interested, respond to last question on RSVP)

·         Resume/CV submission encouraged on RSVP site

·         Attire: Business casual

All disciplines and interdisciplinary programs are welcome. Post-docs and law and med students are also invited. Please share this invitation widely. I look forward to seeing you there.

Kathleen Wallace

The Ohio State University
Kathleen R. Wallace
Assistant Dean
Graduate School
250 University Hall, 230 N. Oval Mall, Columbus, OH 43210
614-247-7283 Office
wallace.150@osu.edu gradsch.osu.edu

A note from Ashley Fenn
Associate at McKinsey

The Ohio State University PhD, Neuroscience, ’14

Harvard Medical School, Postdoc, Immunology, ‘17

I pursued a PhD and postdoctoral training to contribute to our scientific understanding and make a difference in the world. I felt my research was exciting and pushing my field forward, but did not see immediate impact and felt constrained by what I could study. At McKinsey I see immediate impact in the businesses I work with and experience a diversity of industries and functions. We work on some of the most challenging, urgent issues in business that have an immediate effect on our clients and the global market. I’m excited to tell you more about our work during our campus visit!