Graduation is an exciting time at Ohio State. We want to make sure that students are adequately prepared the term they are anticipating to complete their degree. Our Graduation Information page takes students through a detailed step-by-step guide on how to prepare for graduation. Graduation applications should be submitted online through Gradforms by the 3rd Friday of every term (autumn, spring, summer). Applications submitted after this date set by the Graduate School will not be accepted.
For students utilizing the degree audit, you can access a step-by-step guide on how to review your audit.
EdS, MA, and MLT students admitted in AU15 and after (SP16, SU16, AU16, etc.)
- Students will need to utilize their degree audit for graduation and annual reviews.
- The degree audit is accessible online on Buckeye Link at http://buckeyelink.osu.edu.
All PhD and EdD students admitted to program any term or MA and EdS students admitted in SU15 and before (SP15, AU14, SU14, etc.)
- There is no change in how annual reviews and graduation clearance will be conducted.
- Continue to utilize your program plans that you received during orientation or from your advisor.
- Submit graduation application online in Gradforms
- Students must submit their degree audit and advising report to the student services office (either in-person or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The audit must have both student and faculty signatures prior to turning it into student services
- Advisor Review is the only requirement that can be incomplete prior to submitting your audit; no other missing requirements should be on your audit
- All course substitutions will need to be taken care of before submitting your degree audit. You will need to let the student services know in advance what courses were approved to be taken. This way the degree audit can reflect the correct course(s). Documentation/approval from your advisor for the substitution must be on file in the student services office.
- Based on graduation review/clearance, your application to graduate is either approved or denied in Gradforms
Check out these resources pertaining to graduation and degree completion.