Searching and Researching

In this module we learned a lot about searching on the internet, to find the resources you need in able to be able to research the topics that you are looking for. I have learned many times the best and my favorite routes to find good, credible and strong resources. I have good search engines as well as many other good libraries of information provided to me through Ohio State that I can use to find high quality resources to use for papers and other assignments. One thing that has not has not been taught to me before is how to search- on any search engine- to find what you are looking for as easily as possible. What I learned through this module that is most important when using a search engine is to really focus on the key words. It is not very efficient to type very much in a search bar as you may be looking for something too specific. When searching using a search engine, it is best to use few, but important words instead of writing a whole sentence and giving the search engine too much to search for. The video from Western that is on slide 20 of the powerpoint talks about using boolean operators when searching when looking for keywords. This is very useful and also made a lot of sense to me as I have already learned about what Boolean variables are in computer science classes.