Artifact: S.T.E.P.

S.T.E.P. Budget Proposal

StefanSpanuSTEPProposal

Ohio State’s Second-year Transformational Experience Program (STEP) was developed as a continuation of the university’s effort to redefine the student experience. STEP is a year-long commitment, having met regularly with our cohort and our cohort leader during AU15 semester, and completing the proposal in the SP16 semester, which can be found above.

STEP has helped me truly challenge my aspirations and vision for myself. In other words, by making me think about my future, in particular my career path, STEP has pushed me to learn more about myself so that I may realize the dynamic of a businessman that I see myself being in the future, and figuring out what I can do in the short-term future in order to prepare myself for the long-term aspirations I have.

My final proposal consists of my internship experience that is to happen this summer in Columbus, through working as a Financial Representative Intern with Northwestern Mutual. Although I am possibly interested in other fields and industries as a career, such as the consulting realm, I aim to expose myself to different business dynamics in order to gain a good understanding of the career options that are available to me in the future and as early as upon graduation. I am greatly anticipating my internship this summer for I think it will prove an insightful experience into the financial services industry, and this is a direct result of the realization STEP made me had that the best thing to do whilst in college is to explore my career and professional options through various internships, co-ops, and programs. The only way for me to know what career options are out there for me is to experience them myself, and STEP has instilled in me this professional maturity.