Please direct any questions you may have about SLRF 2018 to:
Or visit: https://slrf2018.ca/
Host Second Language Research Forum (SLRF) 2018
If your university has a desire to host SLRF in the fall of 2018, please carefully review the proposal guidelines below.
Note that SLRF is a student-run conference. This means that all proposed conference chairs/ co-chairs should be current graduate students and that proposals should be written and submitted by graduate students only (though faculty advisors are encouraged).
SLRF 2018 Proposal Information
All proposals to host SLRF 2018 should be sent to email@example.com and should include “Host SLRF 2018” in the subject line. Proposals should be submitted in PDF format. Text in the proposal should total no more than 3,000 words.
Please note that previous hosts have found that financial support and the size and makeup of the committee organizing SLRF have been some of the most influential factors for a successful conference. As such, please give special attention to these sections of your own proposal.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the SLRF 2017 organizing committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the following information in your proposal to host SLRF 2018:
- Description of conference site and facilities
- Banquet facility
- Local restaurants and convenience stores
- Projected and secured financial contributions and support
- Support from your program and/or department, including in-kind support
- Personnel support
- Potential funding sources
- Cost of facilities
- Cost to attendees (early and on-site costs for students and non-students)
- Committee members and departmental affiliations
- Faculty Advisors
- Additional available personnel and volunteers
- General focus
- Tentative conference title
- Potential logo
- Dates of the conference
- Tentative plenary speakers and colloquia organizers
- Detailed outline of special features (colloquia, roundtables, workshops)
- Proposed conference schedule
- Social events and costs for attendees
- Free social events
- Types of housing and approximate costs
- Distance and transportation to conference site
- Describe closest airports, train stations, public transportation in town, campus transportation including shuttle or metro transportation
- Describe past conferences hosted by your institution
- Has SLRF been held at your institution before? If yes, when?
- Plan for managing online abstract submission and conference registration
- Availability of PC projectors and other presentation media
- Support personnel to troubleshoot technology-related problems during the conference
- Internet access on campus for guests
- Plans for the conference website (technical and/or content)
Again, proposals should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Host SLRF 2018”.
Please contact us if you have any questions,
SLRF 2017 Organizing Committee
The Ohio State University