GETTING TO CAMPUS
IF ARRIVING BY AIRPLANE:
- Taxi– At John Glenn Columbus International Airport (CMH), follow the ground transportation signs near the baggage claim area. Taxis will be parked near the door. A taxi can also be called at 614-444-4444 (Yellow Cab) or 614-777-7777 (ACME Taxi). The fare to Ohio State is approximately $25 (+ tip of 10-15%). Ask about the fare before you get into the taxi. Payment in cash is required. Some taxis can accept Visa/MasterCard payments (ask the driver first).
- Bus– A special COTA bus runs between the airport and the Ohio State campus only during the few days before the semester and the few days after the semester. Visit COTA website (http://www.cota.com/) and scroll down to OSU-Air to see the full route and schedule.
- Uber/ Lyft
IF ARRIVING BY CAR:
- From the John Glenn Columbus International Airport:Take I-670 west to SR 315 north. Exit at Lane Avenue. Turn right. The Ohio State campus begins south of Lane Avenue.
- From the North:Take any major highway to I-270. Take I-270 to SR 315 south. Exit at Lane Avenue. Turn left. The Ohio State campus begins south of Lane Avenue.
- From the South:Take any major highway to I-71 north. Take I-71 north to SR 315 north. Exit at Lane Avenue. Turn right. The Ohio State campus begins south of Lane Avenue.
- From the West:Take any major highway to I-70 east. Take I-70 east to SR 315 north. Exit at Lane Avenue. Turn right. The Ohio State campus begins south of Lane Avenue.
- From the East:Take any major highway to I-70 west. Take I-70 west to SR 315 north. Exit at Lane Avenue. Turn right. The Ohio State campus begins south of Lane Avenue.
For further information, please use Google Maps.
CAMPUS AREA BUS SERVICES (CABS)
- CABS is a free bus service provided by OSU. Bus routes travel around the campus area.
- Visit CABS (https://ttm.osu.edu/cabs) or call (614) 292-6122 for information and routes.
- Brochures with bus routes and times are available at International Affairs.
- To find bus stops, look for red bus shelters or signs that say “CABS.”
- On-campus buses run every 10-15 minutes during the day. Buses to remote sections of campus run every 30 minutes.
- There is limited campus area bus service during the breaks between quarters. There is also a reduced schedule during summer quarter. Visit CABS website for the most up-to-date information.
CENTRAL OHIO TRANSIT AUTHORITY (COTA)
- COTA is a public bus system that provides transportation around the Columbus and central Ohio area.
Visit http://www.cota.com/ for more information and routes. You may also call COTA Connection/Customer Service at (614) 228-1776 with questions regarding COTA bus routes.
- Brochures with general bus route information are available at International Affairs. Specific bus route schedules are available at the Information Desk in the Ohio Union.
- Non-students must pay $2.00 in exact change to ride the bus.
- Routes travel all over the Columbus area. Many bus stops are located on and near the Ohio State campus.
- Route #1 goes to the Carriage Place Shopping Center via downtown, University City Shopping Center, and The Ohio State University
- Route #2 runs north and south on High Street and provides access to shopping close to campus.
- Bus route numbers are displayed over the front window of buses.
- Press the yellow magnetic strip on the bus to signal the driver that you want to get off at the next stop.
- Two larger cab companies can be reached at (614) 444-4444 or (614) 777-7777.
- Taxis must be phoned to pick you up. They do not drive around looking for customers.
- See Taxicabs in the yellow pages of the telephone book for other phone numbers.
- Ask when calling for the amount you will pay.
- You must pay cash.
- The driver will expect a 10-15% tip.
- You can also use Uber and drive it to arrive at The Ohio State University. For more information, visit Uber website: https://www.uber.com/airports/cmh/
OUT OF TOWN BUS SERVICE
- The Greyhound Bus Station is located at 111 E. Town St. (downtown) Visit Greyhound’s website for more information, or call 1-800-231-2222 to make reservations.
- The main airport for Columbus is Port Columbus International Airport.
- Visit COTA’s websiteor call (614) 224-2682 for bus routes to the airport. Free COTA bus service from Ohio State is available on some dates during quarter breaks.
- Taxi companies also provide service to the airport.