Day 6 – a Haiku by Gabe

Banksy rats in morn

Skyscrapers in afternoon

A day of wonder

Today was a good day. Starting the day with seeing a few banksy pieces was really interesting, it was a side of London I would have never experience had it not been for Troy’s guidance. Art has always had a special place in my heart and learning about the political aspects that go along with it is a new interesting take on graffiti that I am not familiar with. After our tour I got to go to Camden again and see some of the things I didn’t get to see on my visit the day prior. I really appreciate the culture that surrounds Camden. The edgy, rebellious feel is something that I have never experienced in the States and after having small conversations with as many people as I could during my time there, it is a very welcoming community that appreciates different types of culture as much as I do and that is truly amazing.

Camden Market

One thought on “Day 6 – a Haiku by Gabe

1. Hey Gabe!
    Nice haiku… Well, I loved exploring the city with you. I do have to admit looking for the different street art pieces was really exciting. I think my favorite part about street art is that sometimes one has to look really hard before noticing the artwork. My favorite piece that we saw was the first Banksy piece that we had to scale the wooden enclosure, “If graffiti changed anything, it would be illegal”. At first, you can understand the message on the surface level that street art is illegal, yet it is something that can really spread a message and comment on society. This also is emphasized with Banksy’s rat, a symbol for the spread of information. On a deeper level, I like how Banksy is also referring to Emma Goldman’s quote on voting. Can’t wait to go back to Camden with you on our free day.