O is for Original Inquiry

I’ve always been a student who prefers studying English and history over math and science. In high school I didn’t even take any math or science AP courses.

Once I came to college I knew I’d have science GE’s to fulfill, and I have actually enjoyed taking science classes a lot more than I expected!

This semester I’m in Physics of Sports with Dr. Richard Hughes and Extreme Weather and Climate with Dr. Montenegro. I chose to take the physics class because I love sports, and I enjoyed taking physics in high school. As for the class about weather, I’ve always been fascinated by weather.

I love how practical these classes are in that they explain real-world everyday phenomena. For example, I can now tell you why the sky is blue or how a baseball’s speed changes when it’s thrown with spin.

Keeping an open mind this semester despite knowing I had to take science classes was super important, and I’m so glad I’ve been able to take these classes because I have learned so very much and thoroughly enjoyed it along the way!