October 21st, 2019:
On October 21st, Global Leadership Initiative hosted Sharon Schweitzer, JD, all the way from Austin, Texas, to learn about dining styles in different cultures. The cohort participated in guided dinner etiquette practices from learning the proper way to approach the table to learning how to properly eat soup. Mrs. Schweitzer is an award-winning speaker, entrepreneur, cross-cultural business expert and international etiquette expert who has taught leaders within Global 2000 and Fortune 50 companies. She is also the author of the Amazon #1 best-selling book in International Business, Access to Asia.
GLI could not be more thankful for Sharon Schweitzer for sharing her wonderful expertise and for her continuous support of our program!
To learn more about Schweitzer and her wonderful work, check out her website, Access to Culture.
September 23rd, 2019:
This past week, Global Leadership Initiative had it’s first ever monthly networking dinner for the 2019-2020 season. We could not have been more excited to host five awesome guests:
- Kendra McSweeney: Department of Geography with interest in human-environment interactions
- Patrice Hamel: Department of Molecular Genetics with research in membrane biogenesis and the coufounder of the Trondbuss Program
- Neil Drobny: Program Director in Environment, Economics, Development, & Sustainability
- Celia Latz: Current writer and artist who has designed fashion textiles in Venice, Italy
- Gil Latz: Vice Provost for Global Strategies and International Affairs
The evening was filled with tons of learning, wonderful conversation, laughs, and full bellies. Check out more photos of the cohort in action at the dinner: