G.O.A.L.S.

Global Awareness: Ohio State is the definition of diversity. Talking to different people from different backgrounds is something that happens on a daily basis, especially on such a large campus. As well as simply talking to a variety of people on campus, I also plan to study abroad during my time here. I want to travel to a country in Africa and learn about the efforts in conservation and the different African cultures.

Original Inquiry: Research is a resource that is very available to OSU students. I want to get involved in research as soon as possible. I want to work in a biology lab at some point. I find biology very interesting and getting involved in a biology lab of some kind will encourage me to be engaged in my learning.

Academic Enrichment: I am currently taking very challenging courses. Being on the pre-veterinary track definitely has its challenges, even in the first two months. Also, being in scholars and living with academically motivated people has really inspired me to continue working hard.

Leadership Development: Leadership is something that I want to improve in my four years here. I plan on getting involved in a leadership organization. I also want to get a leadership position on the executive board of the clubs that I am currently involved with. Leadership is a quality that more people need, including me.

Service Engagement: Service has always been a huge part of my life. I plan to continue my involvement in community service in college. I want to get involved in community service opportunities with animals, as well as with humans. I want to get a variety of different experiences in community service. I enjoy getting involved in my community and this is the perfect place to do it, especially with the infinite amount of opportunities offered to OSU students.