2018 Camping & Camp Counseling Opportunities

4-H Camping Friends,

Some of last year’s Knolmes County camp counselors have not submitted an application and/or Ohio Achievement Form. It is possible that you do not intend to apply to serve as a camp counselor in 2018. If that is the case, please let me know so I may remove your name from the email and text lists.

Another opportunity that will be opening soon is an online application to serve as an OMK (Ohio Military Kid) volunteer. We utilize such volunteers in various events to support military families throughout the year – including camp counseling. Please let me or Amy Seward know if you have an interest in applying as a volunteer for OMK.

Regardless of your desire to be at camp, Buckeye Leadership Workshop (April 4-8, 2018) at Recreation Unlimited (near Ashley, Ohio) is an excellent leadership workshop for anyone age 15 (or a HS Freshman) and older to experience five days of leadership enhancement. Visit www.buckeyeleadership.com for information on how to register, how to apply for a BLW partial scholarship (prior to the deadline of January 5, 2018, and how to choose two daily sessions (each four days long) that will change your life. Your county 4-H committee may have some funds for scholarship assistance as well. If you need me to serve as one of your two references for a scholarship, please let me know.

– Larry