Please see the attached flyer with information regarding our 4-H STEM Camp at Canter’s Cave.
- Youth in grades 5-7 are invited to join us at Canter’s Cave 4-H Camp June 19th-21st for STEM Camp 2023!
- 4-H STEM Camp is an overnight camping opportunity for youth interested in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics. We are excited to be able to offer STEM Camp at a reduced rate thanks to a 4-H Foundation Grant, lowering the cost of camp for youth to just $100.00.
- Register by June 1st at go.osu.edu/4HSTEMCamp
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (740) 286-5044
Additionally, we need camp counselors!! We are asking for male camp counselors to join us at STEM Camp if they are available. As of right now, we do not have enough male counselors to feel comfortable so if you have any teens interested in helping with camp, we’d greatly appreciate you sharing our message. If you have a camp counselor interested in helping, please have them email me at email@example.com and we will get them connected. No STEM background or strengths required!!
Ohio 4-H Sea Camp pre-registration has launched! Our staff is excited to invite teens to Kelley’s Island during July 14-18 to learn aquatic science, water recreation and safety, and so much more!
About Sea Camp 2023:
- Sea Camp is open to any teen ages 15-17; enrollment in 4-H is not a requirement for registering.
- Campers must be age 15-17 as of July 14 (day one of camp). If an individual is 18+ at the time of camp, please encourage them to complete a camp counselor application by April 15.
- Cost is $400 to members of 4-H. Cost is $450 to teens not enrolled. Thanks to the Ohio 4-H Foundation for grant support for enrolled members!
In addition to camper pre-registration survey found online, we are continuing to accept applications for camp counselors through April 15! Counselors must be 18+ at the time of camp. These applications are found on the Sea Camp website.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out the Sea Camp Directors!
- Co-Director: Ashley Hughey, Portage County 4-H Youth Development Educator, Hughey.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-Director: Jenny Strickler, Coshocton County 4-H Youth Development Educator, email@example.com
IT’S TIME TO APPLY TO BE A KNOX 4-H CAMP COUNSELOR FOR 2023!!
Are you 14 years old? Do you love camp? If you answered yes, then this opportunity is for you. Use the link below to apply to be a Knox County 4-H Camp Counselor. The application is online and it should take about 30 minutes and you will need 2 reference contact emails (be sure to ask your references before filling in their email). Applications are due Dec 1, 2022: https://osu.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eKUtQNAIlyLt1xI
After you apply, an email will be sent to schedule an interview.
MXC is a statewide camp counselor training that supplements county training. It is interactive, covers specific core competencies each year, and brings together teens from multiple camps to share ideas. It is a great way for counselors to learn from someone different and to share ideas from songs and skits, to evening programs and facilitation skills! We will also have a keynote speaker with expertise in 4-H Camp Counseling!
Dates: February 25-26, 2023
Location: Nationwide and Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center
Flyer: MXC Flyer 2023 (002)
For more information please visit: : http://go.osu.edu/mxc
Please reach out to Lindsey for more information and to discuss becoming a camp counselor for Knox County.
We are excited that Ohio 4-H Shooting Sports Education Camps are well underway in being planned for July 2022. To make these camps happen, we need qualified camp counselors and need YOUR help to make that happen. The application is now available at http://go.osu.edu/shootingsportscounselor or is linked on the state website here: https://ohio4h.org/families/members/events-opportunties/shooting-sports/4-h-shooting-ed-camp
We are seeking camp counselors for both junior and senior camp. Applications are due May 1st.
- Junior Camp – (Campers age 9-12) – July 15-17 (counselors arrive on the 14th)
- Senior Camp – (Campers age 12-18) – July 24-29 (counselors arrive on the 23rd)
Important items to note:
- Counselors for junior camp must be 14 as of January 1st, 2022. Counselors for senior camp is preferred that they are alumni (19+); this is a great opportunity to recruit young alumni as volunteers!
- Counselors will go through training in your county
- Shooting sports experience is NOT required. They don’t need to know the first thing about shooting sports – we need people who are just awesome camp counselors.
- This is a great opportunity for your current counselors – or if it works into your training schedule, you might consider recruiting from your shooting sports kids to be counselors for both your county camp and shooting sports camp.
- Shooting Sports Counselors must fill out an application and go through a selection process. Part of the process for that is that I contact the 4-H professional in the county and ask
- Current 4-Hers:
- Have they have they successfully completed the training with you?
- Would you allow this person to be a counselor for your county?
- For alumni – they must be screened, Ohio 4-H volunteers. I’m going to ask you the same questions about those individuals.
OMK Camp Counselors NEEDED
We are looking for camp counselors to join us this summer as we host military youth from all over the state. The great success of this camp lies in the awesome experience that camp counselors provide for military youth where they can learn, grow, and build friendships with other military youth in a fun and safe environment. This is an opportunity for those who love camp but have aged out of their county 4-H program and those who are ready for new experiences beyond their county.
Our Youth and Teen camps will operate on SEPARATE dates at the Erie County 4-H Camp on Kelleys Island:
- TEEN CAMP (ages 12 to 15): August 1-5 (mandatory on-site camp counselor training July 30 & 31)
- YOUTH CAMP (ages 9 to 11): August 7-11 (mandatory on-site camp counselor training August 5-7)
Those interested in being a camp counselor with OMK, fill out an application directly from the OMK website or through the following link: go.osu.edu/OMK22counselor
Two references (from someone unrelated to you) must complete this link as well: go.osu.edu/OMK22ref
Don’t delay: Accepting applications until positions are filled. A phone interview will be scheduled as part of the selection process. Attached is a flyer.
The 2022 State 4-H Leadership Camp (June 1-5) Staff Applications are now available!! Interested individuals can view a letter with more information at: https://ohio4h.org/camp/leadership-camp titled “2022 Potential Leadership Camp Counselor/Staff Information and Application”. A link to the application is included in the letter.
Applications are due no later than March 25, 2022.
See the following letter for more information: 22 Staff Recruitment Cover Letter
Are you going to be at least 14 years old (4-H age) as of January 1? Are you interested in being a camp counselor for the Knolmes Camp for 2022. If you answered yes, then this information is for you.
Knox County and Holmes County run their 4-H summer camps together and this year we are once again looking for fun and enthusiastic counselors!! We are excited (and keeping our fingers crossed) to have the opportunity to return to a full, normal camp for 2022. We are asking that anyone that is interested in being a camp counselor please fill out the application. I know some of you might be worried about the time commitment but anything you do in life takes time…….and we would love for you to be part of the 4-H Camp Counselor group! Please check out all of the requirements that are listed here: 2022 Ohio 4-H Camp Counselor Application.
Please let me (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have any questions (or if your parents/adults) have any questions. We are excited to be planning for……..summer!!
The application is due on December 1st.
Knolmes camp counselor applications are now available. Please have youth interested complete the fillable form below. They should then print and submit to the OSU Extension Office by December 16, 2020. Members can also stop by the OSU Extension Office and pick up a hard copy to fill out.
Youth will also need to sign up for an interview at: https://signup.com/go/KHVdwUQ.
If you have any questions, please contact Jana at 740-397-0401 or by email at email@example.com.
Application: 2021 Ohio 4-H Camp Counselor Application fillable- Holmes App
Save the date for MXC 2021: March 6 and 7, 2021 will be coming to a screen near you! Making eXtreme Counselors will be a statewide virtual camp counselor training session perfect for all future camp counselors and CIT’s. For more information, go to: http://go.osu.edu/MXC.