Artifact

This is a picture of me and some of my friends at the Cystic Fibrosis Walk for a Cure. This is such an important memory to me because so many people showed up to support me my senior year. Not only did this event stress the importance and value in community, but it also allowed me to develop my leadership skills. I organized the team for my school and designed t-shirts to be sold as a source of fundraising and as a source of awareness, since CF is not a very common disease. I organized the registration and publicized the event through our broadcasting network at school. I did not do this all alone though, several of my friends, my mom and my sister all helped out a lot.

This picture also, surprisingly, relates to my career goal. Within my lifetime, there have been so many improvements in therapies that have allowed me to live a healthy life that I wanted to go into biomedical engineering so that I could make that same kind of difference in someone else’s life. I know how much of a blessing it has been for me to be able to stay healthy so I wanted to do the same for anyone else living with an illness. Since coming to OSU though, I have switched my major. I am still in engineering, but I am switching to chemical. I still feel that I might be able to make a difference in other’s lives in the way that I was aspiring for with biomedical.

All in all, this picture/artifact serves as a good reminder to me of my accomplishments in team leading and fundraising while still reminding me of where I want to go and what I want to do, make a difference in the lives of those living with an illness.

20150503_155056