Semester in Review

This first semester at college has taught me a lot both in and out of the classroom. The biggest thing that has changed for me is learning ways to study for midterms and finals. Besides my finals in high school, these tests cover more material than I was used to. I think that learning to read and review your notes several days in advance is super important. Even if you just start reading over the notes a week before, you are beginning to refresh yourself. I plan to do that with these finals coming up. I will plan to read my notes from several chapters about a week in advance and then really get to know the material when it comes closer to the final. Therefore, college has taught me better study skills. I have also recognized that I don’t procrastinate as much. I try to do things the day they are assigned so that the information is fresh in my head and it also gets done before last-minute. Outside and inside the classroom, I have worked with several different people. Learning to accept and value others for their strengths is essential to any successful project. Also, I learned that addressing issues right away was very important to maintaining peace and progress in group work. So, overall, I learned to be a better student by improving my test-taking preparation skills and by doing assignments right away, not procrastinating. Then, I grew in many aspects by learning to work in groups and accentuating the strengths of others.