Last Day at MGP!

IMG_3762[1]

Last Day!

Well it has been a wild ride. I am very grateful for the experience I was given this summer–learning all about how alcohol was made, stored, and shipped from the Lawrenceburg plant. We had some side projects along the way, but in the end we were able to complete our to main ones: updating drawings, labeling pipes, and writing SOP’s for both the Wine Room and Building 88. This past week we also gave our final presentation to some of the staff at MGP.

Each area had a different labeling system based on its needs. In the end I don’t really think one style was better then the other. Each both had their inherit benefits. In the Wine Room, our labels matched the AMSE 2007 Standard in both size and color. The pipes also contained a lot of information–where they were coming from and going to. In Building 88, the wrap around labels met neither of the AMSE requirements–however– the colors matched the most updated drawing, making reading what was in the lines significantly easier.  Building 88 also took more of a common names approach–which made it much easier for the operators to match up the lines with their screens out in the field.

I will definitely take this experience forward with me as I continue my education at Ohio State. MGP is a great company, and for anyone looking to internship there I highly recommend you check it out! I leave you with my favorite picture of my time here.

IMG_3408[1]