Digital Imaging – Amy Youngs

ART & TECHNOLOGY

Spring 2021 Juried Exhibition of Student Works

ART 3000: Digital Imaging

w/ Instructor Amy Youngs

Ignacio Garcia-Mata, Haku – In this GIF is a building that can be seen from my dorm window on a day with interesting lighting. I attempted to convey what goes on inside my head while I am bored and staring at this place (which has happened very often throughout this semester).

Lauren Dortch, Intersectional – This is a series of works that focus on intersectional identities and how they are intertwined in a way that they are no longer distinguishable as separate entities. I think it’s important to explore these themes within the realm of art because of its powerful impact it has on pop culture, media and changing the tides of how people think and fight for these intersecting, marginalized identities.

Amadea Villanueva, Reflection of Human Interference – As I begin to learn more about protecting environments and animals from extinction due to human interaction; I can’t help but self-reflect, seeing myself within the problem.

Zhichen Wen, Blended Landscape

Hui Miao, Dream Communities – I want to build dream communities to store my happiness by using the photos of my memorable places. The original buildings are places that make me feel comfortable and happy, such as my home and places where I have been with my family in last year.

Michael Sims, Digital Expression

Samantha Palini – These works share issues that women face. The first one follows only a handful of things I and many people I know do to make sure we get home safe. Second follows the topic of the wage gap and political issues (Please note that the information presented reflects an overall wage gap but its a fact that women of color and transgender women typically earn even less. If your interested in learning more or want a more in-depth break down check out https://www.payscale.com/data/gender-pay-gap) Lastly I made a collage of things that I have seen, heard, have had said to me, etc. to “excuse” unwanted sexual behavior or to try pressure someone into sex/sexual behavior. The list goes on but I only have so much space.

Andi Nnachetam

Megan Fabro, I Think I Missed Something Important – Strangely enough, I have a strong sense of nostalgia for a decade I never lived through. The original images  were taken from the 1983 and 1985 Sears holiday catalogs.

Caden Clingo, Evolution of Video Game Maps

Elijah Davis-Galentine, Manufactured Flaw – A narrative about aging, death, and decay that presents the view that supporting other lives at the end of our own is more beautiful than an individual human experience. That element of life (or stage of death) is often painted as a bittersweet reality that can help people reconcile with death, and this is my challenge to that reductive perspective.

Asa Baird, “And the rockets’ red glare, the bombs bursting in air” – These iterations aim to show a before-and-after sequence of countries that have been attacked by the United States throughout history. “after” in this sense means “after American intervention.” I did this in hopes to encourage my audience to relearn what we might picture when we think of foreign countries, especially before these countries were exposed to the tragedies of war.